21,259 results
All reviews creek tower ruth chris food court get away table games slot machines non smoking casino floor great casino north carolina diamond lounge brio mountains dealers comps players jackpot
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just love this hotel. Been here a few times but this is the 1st time since the renovations. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in a comped room. As usual the room was very clean, comfortable and roomy. The staff as always are very friendly and helpful. The Smoky Mountains are absolutely beautiful. The casino was not overly crowded so we had a wonderful time. Winning one jackpot a couple of hours after I arrived and then another the night before we left made the trip even more fun for us. We will definetly be going back in the next few months.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paragirl61
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We spent one night at this hotel, overall very clean with a large comfortable bed and a large room with a big screen TV. Hotel is situated near the Smoky Mountains making for a beautiful drive (especially going north). Although there are a lot of slot machines, we found the selection rather poor, many of the same type with little variety compared to other casinos of this size. The casino floor is spacious but there was a decided lack of servers (we spent a number of hours gambling and never received a drink - on a Thursday night!). We would visit and stay here again as the hotel and staff were very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue_Dave2011
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here finally on Wensday the 28 of feb. the room was comped, been trying to stay here for a while its had to get RSVP. All I have to say is Wonderfull, the new creek tower is stunning. The prices of most stuff is responsible at best, but hey it is a casino the the middle of now were, don't complain.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed in the Creek Tower for two nights and were really impressed by the room and hotel, very modern accomodations. The casino was fun, by the 2nd night I was a little worn out from playing only slots though, it will be much better if they get the live dealers in NC. I wasn't a fan of the smoke, but it was much better ventilated than Vegas I thought. The food was really unimpressive. The food court didn't offer many options. We ate at Paula Deen's restaurant and got the buffet and I couldn't be more disappointed with the food, it's some of the worst I've ever had at a restaurant, definitely a complete waste of money there. Overall, it was definitely a fun get away for the weekend, something different to do. I think it will greatly improve once all of their construction is complete and they add better food options.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 4 March 2012

After reading a lot of the reviews that complained about the hotel at Cherokee, I was somewhat hesitant to book our room - but since I had a free room, we thought we'd take the chance. Boy were we glad we did!

My Mom (83) and I just stayed in the Creek Towers of the hotel and I must say, this was an absolutely gorgeous place. Our room was quite large and the decor was beautifuland very clean (unlike some of the reviews). The room was all done in tans with blue accents and against the dark wood of the furnishings, presented a very clean, crisp feel. Plenty of lighting and even had special reading lights over each bed. The sofa bed in the alcove was a very nice tough. And, if you need it, there is a fridge located in the cabinet under the coffee maker station. The bathroom is quite large with a separate "potty room". Lots of nice lighting here as well. I particulately liked the built in shelves in both the side wall and also in the shower (no tub). And in carrying through witht he theme of the "creek" - there was blue tile horizontially placed to resemble water down the side of the shower. Everyone we encountered was extremely pleasant and helpful. We rented a motorized wheelchair for my Mom ($38 for a 24 hour period) - little steep but sure beat pushing the wheelchair from the back of the casino to the front where her favorite penny slots were. We also ate at the buffet - thought a little pricy at first - but we were comp'd so didn't have to pay ($24.00 each + tax). However once we were inside, it didn't seem pricy at all for what you got. They had a barbecue station; comfort food station; Mexican; Asian; Italian and a wood fired pizza section. They also had a dessert station where you could have fresh dipped ice cream (instead of soft serve) and you could also have dessert crepes cooked for you. This was in addition to all the cakes, cobblers, cheesecakes, and cookies that you normally see. And the food was delicious! You really need to try the turnip greens - they were delicious! And whatever you do - don't pass up the slaw at the barbeque station - it's to die for as well.

The casino is large with plenty of slots to fill your every whim. Although we are non-smokers and played in the smoking section - I didn't really notice any smoke unless a smoker was sitting directly beside me. Didn't notice until we were leaving that there is a rather large "non-smoking" section to your left coming down the escalator.

Even though the casino wasn't that kind to us (no, we didn't win), we are definately looking forward to our next trip and will book back in the Creek Towers section again. No hesitation whatsoever. You should give it a try - you won't be dissappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Creek Towers - closest to the casino at this time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family