22,056 results
All reviews creek tower ruth chris food court get away slot machines table games non smoking casino floor great casino north carolina diamond lounge brio mountains dealers comps players jackpot
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband & I have been coming for over 10 years. 3 days b 4 X-mas we valeted our new Dodge Challenger and the valet driver decided it needed a make-over. He was coming around a corner and another valet driver hit the passenger side of my car denting it in from the door & all the way back. Harrahs insurance did cover the damage of course. No apoligy was given. No comps from the hotel. Nothing. Not even a letter of apoligy has been mailed to us. We were told "these things happen." Well they don't pay my bills, I pay thiers. True these things do happen when valet drivers drive 30 to 40 miles an hour in the garage. After they showed me my car, I witnessed these drivers driving like bats out of h*ll. This made the trip very stressful & we did not have a good time at all. If we go back we will park ourselves. Just in case you do take the risk of valet parking & this happens to you, don't expect the police to willingly give you an accident report. You must insist on it, especially if you are from out of town. They just assume you will more than happy to make a special trip to come pick one up. They reluctantly gave a police report to us.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank ndirish74
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Spent two nights at the Harrah's Hotel & Casino in Cherokee, NC. The Hotel staff were exeptional and the complex was spotless. They are in the middle of a big expansion and we didn't hear a thing! Our conference was received and handled by the staff with the best of care and thought. We naturally had some technical problems with our computers. The staff were well versed in every type of electronic hook-up so it was a breeze. One of our conference attendees had a flat tire upon arrival. The staff took his vehicle and had the tire fixed during one of our breaks. Great hotel and casino experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I just spent the last two nights in a Premium Creek Tower Room at the Harrah's Casino in Cherokee, NC. I had an excellent deal thru Groupon that included two nights and a $60 credit for dining/entertainment. Reservation process was smooth and easy over the phone.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, we could tell that major construction was still ongoing. This was our first visit to the property so I cannot comment on what is being changed but it looked like a major overall/upgrade is being done throughout the hotel and casino and is about 70% done. As soon as we found our way from the self-parking deck (valet is included with hotel stay but we did not use it) to the hotel lobby the power went out. The power flickered on and off several times for the next hour. It took us about twenty minutes to check-in due to the systems being down due to the power issues.

It took about five minutes to get from the lobby to our room. I had read previous reviews about the amount of walking and while everything is spread out, it is nothing compared to Vegas resorts and is a reasonable amount for the size of the property.

Our room was nicely updated with modern style. It had a king bed, ipod dock, pull out couch, desk, larger flat screen tv, and a dresser. It also had a mini-fridge (no freezer) under a small counter area with a coffee-maker. The bathroom had pocket doors for the toilet area and a large tile shower.

The room had about 20 light switches with a combination of recessed and normal lighting, it was confusing at times figuring out all the different options and trying to turn them all off before bed.

The TV in the room was very nice, however they must have satellite service because there was a very noticeable delay on every station. It made us unable to watch any live sports programming due to the delay.

I feel that the room was comfortable and clean but there were some details of the room that needed more thought...especially for the Vegas feel that this hotel is trying to give. The cabinet that the mini-fridge is in gets very hot because there is no ventilation. There was not a fitted sheet on the bed and the sheets were just average quality, which is important with the type of bedding they are using. There was only three pillows on the king size bed and one was tiny so it was hard to get comfortable. Also the glass tops on the night stands and coffee table are not attached to the base which could cause a spill. There are stickers on the TV remote and ipod dock letting you know how much you will be charged for damage or removal of those items, kinda tacky to me.

Wifi is not included with the room, it is an additional $10.95 per 24 hour access period.

The one pool and hot tub is located on the older side of the hotel. You have to travel thru a couple of hallways that smell musty to get to the indoor pool/fitness area. It is a normal size indoor pool that could use some painting. It was not crowded mid-week when we visited but for a hotel with 1100 rooms, I could not imagine how crowded it would be in-season.

I guess my main issue with the hotel is that the style feels forced and it is certainly not a value if you pay the normal price for the rooms. They certainly got the "nickle and dime" feel of Vegas. Another irk was the "limited housekeeping service" included for guests staying more than one night. This statement was on the card explaining the hotel's green practices. Ok, so I understand that not changing my sheets/towels by my request is a green practice. But, "limited" housekeeping service that is not optional is not an environmental policy, it is a payroll policy to save the hotel money.

Room tip: Stay in the Creek tower if you want the newest rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We haven't been to this casino/hotel for several years. Many changes with ongoing construction, not easy to access the casino. Quite a walk from the Mountain tower even tho we were next to the elevators. The rooms were nice, the staff friendly and helpful. The casino has a good variety of machines, but no one I noted was winning and only heard two announcements on the days I was there, announcing a $5,000. winner. Not much excitement, crowd very complacent, machines very tight. Would I go again, probably not. Think I hear Buloxi calling my name. Comps pretty tight as well. Their making money, but not giving much back in return.

Room tip: WiFi is not free, there is an $11.00 + fee for the useage.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2012

When I want to gamble Cherokee Harrahs is my home, have always been treated nice, have not ever had anyone to be rude to me. The rooms are very nice, and the Casino is clean. Have won there on slots, and have also lost, but thats why it is called gambling, Not winning is very frustrating, but happens to us all. The room has always been comp. for me. Ty Harrahs.

Date of stay: May 2011