21,260 results
All reviews creek tower ruth chris food court get away table games slot machines non smoking casino floor great casino north carolina diamond lounge brio mountains dealers comps players jackpot
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The hotel is located in a very scenic area. We enjoyed our trip to and from the hotel through the Great Smokey Mountains very much. Our view from the hotel wasn't all that great though. Lots of construction going on which is understandable but distracting. Our room was huge and well kept. I have to say even though the hotel was lovely I do not believe I would return. The distance from the lobby to our room and then from the room to the casino is a deal breaker for me. We were lucky enough to pick up a ride on the golf cart part of the way to the casino but leaving were told the battery was dead on the cart and the other one was broken. If you or anyone in your party has difficulty walking this IS NOT the place for you. I was not overly impressed with the front desk reception either ~ girl wasn't anywhere near as nice and friendly as the lovely people that work at the Harrah's in New Orleans. Think I will save my money for another Grand trip to good ole NOL where they are happy to see you.

Room Tip: TRY to get something close to the casino
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cuddaqueen
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Creek Tower King room on 17th floor. Room was nice and clean. Had a mini fridge with coffee maker and a pull ouy sofa. Bed was very comfortable, got a great nights sleep. Bathroom had a big shower with plenty of room. The hotel had a Paula Deen restaurant. It was good, but not what I would expect from Paula Deen. Casino had a food court that was very acceptable and clean with nice service. Casino was as big as some in Vegas, with mostly slots. Had a smoke free section in the casino, you could definetly tell when you were not in the smoke free section. Over all we had a nice couple of days and will return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have gone here several times because it is the closet casino in the area. After a 3 hour drive, I look forward to the casino. Well after giving it 3 attempts, I am officially done with this casino. You literally give your money away. I would have been better off donating about $5,000 to the needy and the homeless. You can play 100's and only win minimum amounts that will not even pay back your maximum bet. The Machines will take your money so unless you just like giving money away.....Don’t even start on the slots....the card tables are all electronic/video..mean programmed. So, trust me...you are better off donating your money..at least you will get a tax write-off.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2011

If you are planning to go gambling at Harrah's in Cherokee, NC, your best option is to stay at the Casino Hotel. The problem is that it is often booked way in advance, so be sure to make your reservations early. If you are unable to get a room at the Casino, free shuttle service is provided to and from the other hotels.

Our room was a little oversized, very clean and quiet. Two of us enjoyed a really good night's sleep, while our other friend spent most of the night gambling!

The whole casino/hotel compound is under continued construction, so it can be quite a hike from the hotel rooms to the casino. If you have limited mobility, you can request that the hotel/casino shuttle cart will take you to and from the casino.

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility, ask for a room closer to the casino. Also, they have a shuttle cart that will take people to and from the casino.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank SharronLL
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We liked Harrah's and casino so well - decided to make another trip & this time w/friends. We had a great time - ate in the Paula Deen restaurant - it was very, very good. Just what we needed - some good southern cooking.
Our room was in the Creek Tower - lot of walking to get to casino - but we all needed it - we will return again & this time another couple will be joining us -
Our checkin was swift and pleasant - and video check-out same - we called valet for our car to be brought around & it was there waiting for us - such convenience.

Room Tip: If at all possible get in the Creek Tower -
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends