All reviews aviation theme the shuttle driver front desk charlotte airport the breakfast area until midnight free breakfast in the morning cracker barrel southern hospitality an early flight would stay here again sitting area connecting flight room was spotless free shuttle each morning i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Booked a two night visit via IHG mobile site...arrived 11pm Friday, departing on Sunday.....fast checkin...

Hotel obviously new, very modern sleep rooms and decor...love the ambiance of the lobby area, sprinkled liberally with different sitting options, which doubles as breakfast area in am... constant coffee-tea in lobby, a pantry type area, airport shuttle....breakfast very good, though busy food kept full and fresh by employees! Speaking of employees: Friendly, happy, courteous!

Loved sleep rooms! Beds comfortable, high roof and huge windows creates a wide open feel to the room! Full range of amenities....Keurig, fridge, microwave, safe....plentiful sitting area! Only issue....adjusting hot water a but quirky in the shower.....control requires creativity to find best temp for hot water...

Love hotel....would run back for another stay if-when in area!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Wendy F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thanks for your great review! Your description of our hotel is spot-on. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

check in was great. the place is newer so that was nice. fairly clean but I'm a picky one so I could see room for improvement.
had issues with the entrance key a couple of times.
breakfast was on the better side of average compared to other places. breakfast lady was great!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Hi Rachelle O,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel from the airport and the breakfast items we serve. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had with your key cards, and for any shortfalls you have noticed during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Anthony M

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I am a IHG Spire member. I have been a member of the Holiday Inn rewards program since its inception.
This is definitely one of my worst stays at an IHG/Holiday Inn property.
I was there for three nights. On the second night the electronic lock to my room malfunctioned. I made four trips to the front desk before I was able to convince them the problem wasn’t just a key issue. Someone from the front desk finally let me in to my room with a master key. The hotel was full and there was no one who could fix the lock, so anytime I left my room I had to get someone from the front desk to let me in my room, only the people working the front desk were generally unaware of my problem so I had to explain it a couple of times.
Not once during the remainder of my stay did anyone from management contact me.
There were other issues as well but this was the main one.
I can not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Hi Ray M,

Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry you had problems in trying to access your room multiple times and since you had some other issues as well. I understand this must have been inconvenient for you and this is definitely not what we want for our guests especially for a loyal IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite member like you. I will share your comments with our management team for the necessary corrections to take place. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I booked the reservations for two rooms several weeks in advance and received a confirmation email with a confirmation number for each room. The day prior to check in I received one email confirming the next days arrival. I called the hotel to verify that I indeed had two rooms since I had prepaid for them. The first person I spoke with indicated that I did not even though I could provide both confirmation numbers. I was passed off to another person who did verify the second room and sent an email with the confirmation. The problem began when we arrived and the desk clerk could only find one reservation despite my having paid in advance and having hard copies of the confirmation emails in hand. The desk clerk finally was able to locate the reservations using the confirmation numbers. One of the confirmation numbers showed in a completely different last name. Our rooms were assigned and we went to them. One of the rooms was already occupied and we had to go back to the desk for a new room assignment. This is the reason for the low rating. I paid in advance and was given confirmation numbers only to find one confirmation number was given to someone else. How does that happen?
On the pro side, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The shuttle driver who carried us to the airport was extremely nice and courteous. He even asked when our return flight was so that he could pick us up.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hello debbrapilgrim,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for spending the night with us. Glad to have been a host to one of our newly promoted Gold Elite Members! We are grateful for your business with us!

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Though I appreciate that you liked the way we keep our rooms clean and comfortable, I'm sorry that your experience was off to a rough start. I read about the issues you had finding the bookings you made and the mix up with the room assignment. I feel where you're coming from, debbrapilgrim. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned.

We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review these things that came up short. I'd also make sure to give our shuttle driver a tap for doing a great job.

We hope that you will give us another chance to show you the IHG Brand you know and love. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Fist the good.. The breakfast staff were super friendly and the breakfast was decent for a free one. The bed was also really nice. The hotel seems pretty new and the color scheme is lovely. However, the room layout is super weird if you have a family. The TV is positioned in front of the bed so if you want to watch tv the best place to sit is the bed. Maybe that isn’t weird to some but to me you get in bed to sleep not to lounge around. There’s a sofa in the room but no other arm chair so limited seating and the partition obstructs part of the tv if you are sitting at the edge. There’s no closet and a mirror is directly in front of the bathroom in the hallway. The walls were pretty thin and I heard the occupants upstairs walking all night. Oh I did like the kitchen but neither the ice maker in the fridge nor the one on the hall worked!! Also there was a mixup somehow with the rate and they wanted to charge me more than my confirmation. Umm, no that is not cool though they eventually fixed things. In short not the worst experience but I have no plans to stay there again if in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sales L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thanks so much for taking time to review our hotel. So sorry that you did not find us to be family friendly; however we do have two-queen suites with two TVs in the room, one in the bed area and one in the living area. I am happy to hear that all other issues were handled while you were here. We hope that you will give us another try.

Kindest Regards,