All reviews red sky front desk the concierge lounge university place family reunion rooms are clean great customer service a great stay breakfast buffet the hotel staff staff was friendly mayra rasul thida hatha concert housekeeping
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I was in Charlotte for a short business trip. I learned from my colleagues that all hotels in this area are old (Hilton is even older than Holiday Inn), and Holiday Inn is renovated recently, so everything is newer than other hotels in the area.
The service was nice and friendly. Everyone was helpful.
I was staying in the Executive level. My first room on 6th floor, I requested to change because the bed was not made. That was a surprise. Also it had a very funky smell in the room.
I then got a room on 7th which was totally fine. It is not a favourite hotel to stay for my taste, but everything was there and it is clean. Just very old.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Stayed here for a night and found it to be extremely good. Front desk staff are very nice and the ambience of the hotel is good. Great value of money. The broadwalk behind the hotel is really nice. Stay on a higher floor if you can.

Room Tip: Choose a room with broad walk view if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VegetarianDiner163
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel shuttle driver, Rasul, was prompt, safe and friendly. There are none better!

The desk staff were friendly and attentive, as was the restaurant server.

There is one very good penne pasta vegetarian dish on the restaurant menu.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn University for our childs graduation from UNC Charlotte. The hotel went above an beyond to make our 4 day stay wonderful. Ms. Janet at the front desk helped with rooms. Ms.Thida had our breakfast table ready for 15 each morning and severed us with a great service and a smile. A huge shout out to the reservation specialists Luz & Kaela who worked with me over a year to have this event go off without any issues !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Sean B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University Place. Your positive feedback about the quality of service provided by our team is appreciated. We welcome all feedback, as it provides great insight as we continually strive to create great guest experiences. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to being your host during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Today is Tuesday May 15th and I just had an excellent RibEye in the hotel restaurant. It's a 12 ounce beauty, just the perfect size for a nice dinner. Let me tell you, ZEE, TWO nights in a row, cooked me a beauty. Tonight I asked for some gravy for my french fries (it's a Baltimore thing) and it was made! So, thank you Caroline and thank you Zee for some great meals.... I'll be back...

Room Tip: i'm in room 312
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business