All reviews charlotte airport hub bar front desk big hotel on site restaurant full service restaurant free shuttle shuttle service flight cancellation leave your car an overnight layover american airlines next morning comfortable beds minute drive nice room late check
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Chose this hotel for it's location to the airport, which is all of 6 minutes by shuttle. this is an updated old style Holiday Inn, with the front desk at one end and the rooms running all the way down a long hallway. So if you don't like walking request a close room to the desk. The rooms are fully updated, clean and comfortable. House keeping does a great job! There is no microwave but they do have a refrigerator. TV channel selection is good and they have a channel listing card so you can go straight to your favorite channel. Front desk staff was good and helpful. The hotel has a restaurant on site along with a bar. Only had breakfast but it was good and the they brought it out quickly. Shuttle service to the airport is quick and easy, simply make a reservation when you check in; shuttle runs every 1/2 hour. I left the hotel at 6:07am, arrived at the airport, checked my luggage, cleared TSA and walked to my gate arriving at 6:30... couldn't have been easier. Special mention to Heather Bodenheimer who was very helpful!!

Room tip: It can be quite a walk to some rooms so be sure to ask for a close room if you need it. Also only two elevators so main floor is best.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mtrancher
Reviewed 11 October 2018

We stayed twice within 10 days, arriving in the USA and when our son left us to go home. We had the same room on both occasions. It was large, comfortable and clean. The desk staff and restaurant staff were excellent, helpful and friendly.
We’d stay again the next time we travel through Charlotte airport

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
EbenA25, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Hello Dear Guest,
We are all so pleased to hear you loved your stay with us. Thank you for your great review of our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your time and feedback and look forward to serving you again soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Visited today just for a room during the day. My company called and verified that they had rooms available for early check in as we would be arriving at the hotel at 9:00 am and we were told that they would. When we arrived there were no rooms available or ready. We were told none would be ready for at least a minimum of an hour but they really couldn't say when. Breakfast was being served and they wouldn't even give a complimentary breakfast to us while we waited.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Marc D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hi Marc D,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we welcome your feedback. I'm sorry we missed the mark in terms of service level and the room's availability for early check-in. Your review is important and I've shared this with the team for reference. Do know that I've also reached out to you privately to get more information.

Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 September 2018

From the minute we walked into this hotel the service was off the charts. Our space was set up the night before. And we were assigned a specific contact, Kristin. She made sure our conference attendees had food, the right room temperatures, that all the equipment worked and that the space was set up exactly how we needed it. The whole staff from beginning to end was welcoming and friendly. Great spot.

Room tip: It's near the airport so the noise was planes and nothing else
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
EbenA25, Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hello,
Right on! You are absolutely correct, "A kicking conference hotel" is who we are here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport. Thank you for taking the time to provide us our feedback. We truly appreciate it and we look forward to another great conference in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I made a mistake booking the Charlotte holiday inn (I meant to book Raleigh) before the charge was applied to my account I attempted to rectify this. Either pay the difference for the refundable rate or transfer to Raleigh holiday inn. I was told they would not be doing that. I attempted to resolve through corporate. This was met with platitudes but nothing was done to rectify the issue. It bothers me because it could have been intervened on. There wouldn’t have been any true loss to anyone as I caught it before the charge was presented to my bank.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello scrystl608,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel.

Firstly, I'm sorry about all the issues you had with your reservation. We don't want our guest to experience this type of assistance. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future enhancements. I'm confident that this will be sorted out in no time. Additionally, we take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

Again, thanks for letting us know. Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

All the best,