All reviews room was clean morning flight an airport hotel c unit would stay here again ice machine clerk
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Econo Lodge on Queen City Blvd on August 6, 2018 prior to our trip. The first room they gave us smelled of mold, the 2nd room was better. The breakfast area of yogurt, toast, bagels, coffee, cereal, waffles was to open at 5:30 am. At 5:45 am, the workers were sitting in the kitchen area both on their cell phones. I knocked on the window & then they opened the area.

We left our car there for the week for $18.00, a much better price than $63.00 at the airport. The morning flight drop off was good, but the pick after arriving back in Charlotte took 45 minutes and then the driver & a frequent customer talked about an employee all the way back to the motel. We won't ever stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I called upon arrival at the airport and the shuttle arrived promptly. The driver was pleasant. When I arrived at the property it seemed a bit old but nothing to really complain about. Check in was a breeze and the front desk guy was nice. I used the elevator to get upstairs and that's where thinks get rough. The elevator had a bad stench and old carpet looking like it was out of a horror movie. As I walked to my room the hallway had me rethinking this whole situation. They were badly lit and the carpet was old. The hallway also had an odor, it reminded me of a old prostitution motel. Just as Im thinking this I see what looks like a prostitute creeping to the side door that connects steps to downstairs to let some guy in. I hurried into my room hoping I could at least get a good sleep since I was only in town for one night for an interview. The room had hard wood floors thank god because I couldn't bare carpet after going through the elevator and hallway scenario. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. There were two chairs I would never sit on as they had stains on them. The bathroom was clean and the shower looked okay. Thank god for shower shoes. I signed up at the front desk that night for the first shuttle back to the airport in the morning and it left promptly.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We couldn't believe it! The hotel was old, dingy, and felt unsafe! The best thing? I was totally surprised the air conditioner worked. It was like receiving a Mercedes for Christmas. Never again! I know to ask first where they putting us. Scary!!!

Room tip: Ask where they putting you first!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018

American put us up here as our connection was missed and it was acceptable for an airport hotel. Breakfast buffet included, but we had to leave for airport before it started so can't rate that experience. Difficult to sleep with bright walkway lights, but all-in-all made up for missing our flight - just wanted to rest after a long day.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This hotel is good place if you have an early flight out of CLT. Check in clerk was very good. We had an updated suite and it was clean and everything seemed ok not great. Hotel is convenient and close to airport. We left at 4 am so don't know about breakfast

Date of stay: May 2018