Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport
USD 160*
USD 137*
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
USD 108*
USD 103*
USD 141*
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanan airport hotelstaff was friendlywould stay here againice machinecerealmicrowave
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Worst place that we've ever stayed. When we checked in the room was hot so we turned up the air and went to dinner. Came back and still hot. Went downstairs to the desk and they said that they'd send someone up to look at it. Half an hour later still no maintenance. They had no answer to why no one had shown up but gave us another room. Of course the new room was hot also so again we tried to cool it down. Guess what. This airconditioner did nothing at all. We checked out and spent the rest of the night at the airport waiting for our flight. I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Only positive it has is that it is close to the airport but personally I wouldn't leave my car there during a trip. Never again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016

My husband and I were stuck in Charlotte recently due to a cancelled flight. The airline put us up here. This was the third-worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in some bad hotels.

We arrived about midnight. The first room hadn't been cleaned; there were empty beer bottles, and all the linen was piled on the floor with other trash. Back to the desk.

The second room had a broken window and faced the interstate. We thought we were laying IN the interstate. We showered, but we couldn't sleep. Back to the desk, now about 1AM.

The third room (an "upgrade", as it had a refrigerator and microwave) was at least clean, although the street noise was still bad. The toilet and shower both leaked. Cleaning was perfunctory. The entire building resonated with some electrical motor noise, probably the AC.

We got a few hours sleep, then went to breakfast. We were able to eat the yogurt, but pretty much all the other food was poor. The milk was sour.

The hotel personnel tried to help us, and the shuttle driver was very nice, but there was very little they could do. This might have been a decent low-end hotel twenty-five years ago, but there has been little to no effort to maintain it since. The other guests were mostly transient workers, which, given the low price, is understandable.

Based on this experience I'll never stay at an Econo Lodge again. I recommend you avoid this location.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016

The shuttle was convenient from the airport. We walked to Cracker Barrel for dinner. That was your only option within walking distance. There was nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was clean.The shuttle people were wonderful and so helpful. The desk workers were friendly. There is a run down hotel next door to the econo lodge which made us wonder if the area was shady. They say the waffle house is being remodeled so you will have 2 food options.

Room Tip: Ask to not be on the first floor if you wake up to every noise. You are literally in the parking lot. We didn't mind.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We were stuck in Charlotte recently because of airline delays. The airline put us up at the Econolodge. It was very late and we were very tired when we were told by the airlines to call the hotel. On the line was Danielle, efficiently and cheerfully handling all the stranded travelers. She directed us out to the next shuttle understanding that if we could make the 11:30 pm shuttle, we'd sure appreciate not having to wait for the midnight run. We made it and when we arrived, there was Danielle, with a smile on her face, giving us advice about which shuttle to take in the morning. She recommended the 5 am, which was great advice. We joked about her getting more sleep than we but when we popped down to the office at 4:45, there she was...still there with a smile on her face. Both shuttle drivers were warm and understanding of how tired everyone was. The room itself was ok, but it was the amazing employees, especially Danielle who made an unplanned layover, the best it could be.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Eleanor788
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I stayed there last week and the hotel was very inexpensive and clean inside. The only bad part is many people including myself had to go outside our rooms to use our phones which was a little odd. They do have a shuttle service which is cheap-$15 dollars and I left my car there for the week and would have paid $40 or more if i left my car in long term parking. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends