“Great Atmosphere, Somewhat Overpriced for Adequate Food.”

Oggi Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #101 of 2,627 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I dined at this restaurant last night. I was excited about all of the reviews on a local site. The atmosphere was very nice, not loud, inviting. They have a nice outdoor area that is enclosed in the colder months, I guess. Ordered Appetizer - Mussels Sambuca, the cream sauce was too sweet, didn't expect sweetness at all. Chicken Marsala wasn't any better than any Italian restaurant. I had the Crabmeat/Spinach Ravioli in a Lobster cream sauce and liked it very much, still a little sweetness, but not overboard. Our bottle of wine was 47.00, which I thought was high for the bottle. We also ordered sparkling water and Carmel Sorbet. I also had a side garden salad. Total price was approx. $150.00 All in all, atmosphere nice, food acceptable-good, Menu somewhat overpriced for what you get. I definitely can't rave about this place, but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What a great meal. It was our first time here. We had the bruschetta app and it was very fresh. For dinner we had the fish special, the eggplant, the fruiti, and the crab ravioli. All were great! We can’t wait to go back. Oh, and the coffee was great too!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My boss eats at Oggi all the time. She raves on how great the food is... which was true, the food was good until I found a hair deep in my pasta and meatballs. Disgusting... and the server's only consolation prize was the kitchen staff wears a hairnet. So they comp'd my meal and I canceled the take home for my husband. Oggi did have my friend pay for her meal, though she couldn't stomach another bite after I found a hair in my food.

Disgusting... I will never go back!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Very good food, reasonably priced. However, the drinks were very expensive and prices were not on the menu. Overall cost was equivalent to fine-dining and did not reflect the atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Overall very good food, a bustling pseudo-bar atmosphere if you don’t mind some extra noise. Only real minus is expensive wine and $20 corkage fee if you bring your own. PEI mussels appetizer was great.