“Good, Basic Thai-Best for Lunch”
Review of Monsoon Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Monsoon Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I love to get lunch here. The curry is wonderful. I've had three different curry lunch specials. They were all good, but I'm a true curry fan. The red is my personal favorite but they're all tasty. I enjoy their Pad Thai as well. They'll spice it up for you if asked and that's a nice thing. At lunch they always start with a light soup. It's a nice touch. I think that this is a very good value for lunch and would go often if I worked closer. As it is, it's a lunch treat for me. I've never been for dinner so I can't speak to that but lunch provides a nice "bang for your buck" meal. It's in a strip mall near South End on the Bully. Not fancy by any means. I like the food and I like the value. It's a really good lunch spot.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Food is ok, not fabulous. The service was horrible. Our server was more worried about organizing her menus and keeping them straight instead of asking us how we would like our food. Never checked on us once we had to ask for a bill we had to ask for refills. She was too busy attending to the larger tables . Probably looking for a bigger tip which we did not leave since her service sucked! Would never recommend this place.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stopped here for lunch on an evacuation adventure - thanks to Irma - great food, great wines & excellent service! Loved the rice soup! Had never had that! So, whether you live in Charlotte or visiting, try Monsoon...you will not be disappointed!@

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Had a good lunch of basil chicken it was tasty . I was hoping for squid, but they do not offer it on the menu. Lunch portion was big- enough for leftovers.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We enjoyed the opening salads, crisp, light, well appointed and diverse. A very traditional Thai salad with an awesome dressing.

My associate had the Massaman curry and I had Crispy duck. The duck was a little limp and soggy, with little of the crispy skin preferred. The vegetable mix was light on everything but diced peppers. I would have liked some sprouts, cabbage leaves or anything in addition. The sauce was tasty and there was enough white sticky rice.

The curry had a lot of chicken, but my guest wanted to see more vegetables, some carrot, onion, potato, etc, not just chicken.

Overall, we would return and try other dishes.