“Please dont come here”

Ranked #152 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte
“Please dont come here”
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I am here right now and let me tell you, this place is not worth 40.99 a night. The people are not friendly and she seems to go out of her way to make you not feel welcome. The outlets dont seem to all worjk and the beds are very dirty, look around there are better rates and places to come rather then here, this has been a horrible trip ive been here eight days and paid 381.25 for this, not worth it please do not come here and make the same mistake that i did.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Tyrell20
Hal C, General Manager at Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for your honest review.

However, I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a massive upgrade programme.
Many customers who have experienced our new rooms are very satisfied and have made it a point to come and tell us.

I hope you give us another chance to show you what we have done.

rgds

Hal Christian
Gen. Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kutztown
Reviewed 3 March 2010

The room and bathroom were clean, and we had no problem getting extra towels. The only problem was that the tub was extremely clogged. We called the front desk, and they told us that, since the maintenance staff was not available, we could either get a new room or just get the key to another to shower in if we had unpacked and didn't want to move. Problems happen, but they were willing to accommodate us.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindun104
Good Morning,

Thank you for your honest review.

I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a massive upgrade programme.

We hope to see you again soon.

rgds

Hal Christian
Gen. Manager.
Minnesota
Reviewed 18 January 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and I must say that this truly is a dive hotel! We arrived in our room to find mold on the ceiling tiles as well as on the walls. Immediately upon entering the room it smelled very musty and of stale smoke (it was a non-smoking room). I went to the front desk and requested to see another room but unfortunately for my husband and I it was to be no better. It had mold as well and the bathroom was not clean. I had to purchase candles to try to block out the musty smell in the room and leave the door open as much as possible hoping the fresh air would somehow create a miracle for this hotel. This was to no avail. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank MinnesotaRickj
supersunset, Manager at Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake, responded to this review, 29 September 2009
We have undergone extensive upgrade in the past two years. This has enabled us to pass our Quality Assurance Surveys 4 times in a row. Our City Health Satisfaction score is A grade. Old customers regularly commend us on the cleanliness and the friendly, professional staff.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2005

This is by far the dirtiest hotel room I have ever stayed in! I am appalled at the level of cleanliness, and I will make sure to never stay at a Super 8 again. There is gunk all around the sink basin. There is dirt/stains/something nasty on the toilet seat along with pubic hair. The "nonsmoking" room smells like it's been closed up with a full ashtray in it. The inside security latch is broken. The floor looks like it has not been vacummed in weeks. I do not even want to think about the sheets I will be sleeping on momentarily given that I found 2 jet black (not my color) hairs in the sheets. I got suckered into the low rate, and I am disgusted with my choice. I intend to rate this hotel location poorly on every hotel website I visit. When I asked the hotel clerk, who was nice and polite, for a different room because of the door latch, her reply was that she gave me "the best room." Are you kidding me? I am appalled and horrified that I've spent $52 and some change on this disgusting location, and I only wish I had my camera with me so I could document the nastiness - pubic hair on a "clean" toilet! You've got to be joking! I was driving on I-77 S and made the mistake of stopping here for the night - arrived after 9pm, and I didn't feel like hassling with any hotel crap. But here I am almost afraid to lay in the sheets. I believe you can have good deals without compromising quality this much, and I would hope someone would agree with me.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Extensive upgrades include complete facelift to bathrooms. The showers now sport the new curved shower rods with new translucent window shower curtains. Most of the commodes have been replaced and we also now have shinny new crome tissue holders and plumbing. The walls and the bathroom door have been repainted. This gives a completly new ambiance to the rooms.