Friendly reception staff. Nice and helpful. The only problem is this hotel looks nothing like the photos of the rooms. The rooms are the same, but now seem to be clean enough, but are tired, worn. My bathroom had damp bubbled ceiling paper above the shower. The carpets look a little sad and the morning 'breakfast' is almost non existent and what there is is really nothing more than sad but just about edible. That said, it's fairly cheap and you can always get a cab or the hospitality van to town.
The airport hospitality van and the van that takes you into town is driven by a wonderful, cheerful and helpful older guy called Eddie. If I was going to need to stay at a cheap airport hotel, regardless of my complaints, I would go back just to see Eddie again. For me he gets the Wyndham employee of the year award!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 – I485 is the perfect launching point from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) as one of the closest hotels to the airport at only 1.4 miles. Begin your pleasures in the heart of Charlotte at only 6 miles. Two complimentary shuttle buses are available for pick up and drop off at the Airport and within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. For your extended travel plans book our Park & Fly for long-term parking and curbside Airport drop off. While staying with us request an Uber and be sure to visit Uptown Charlotte to see our NFC Champions Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium, the Charlotte Hornets at Spectrum Arena/Timewarner Cable Arena a popular basketball and concert venue, or Charlotte's new Charlotte Knights BB&T Stadium. Neighboring the Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 – I485 is the US National Whitewater Center and the infamous Miracle on the Hudson at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Follow the life of Billy Graham at the Billy Graham Library. For our golf enthusiast you may be excited to know we will soon welcome the country’s popular Top Golf complex in early 2017. Families might also enjoy a day at Carowinds Amusement Park, Discovery Place, NASCAR Hall of Fame or Charlotte Motor Speedway. We love our military and support Charlotte’s growing Air & Army National Guard, be sure to inquire about our Government rates. Business guests appreciate our multiple meeting spaces, Wyndham Rewards and our proximity to restaurant’s within walking distance or availability through our complimentary shuttle service. Our hotel provides free Wi-Fi and our Business Center is open 24 hours. Do not forget as you enjoy these amenities that you are also welcome to enjoy our private Fitness Center and coming early 2017 our new indoor and outdoor lounge complete with Food & Beverage options. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte
- Wingate Charlotte Airport
- Wyndham Charlotte
- Charlotte Wyndham