“Adequate stop off”

Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Ranked #62 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly reception staff. Nice and helpful. The only problem is this hotel looks nothing like the photos of the rooms. The rooms are the same, but now seem to be clean enough, but are tired, worn. My bathroom had damp bubbled ceiling paper above the shower. The carpets look a little sad and the morning 'breakfast' is almost non existent and what there is is really nothing more than sad but just about edible. That said, it's fairly cheap and you can always get a cab or the hospitality van to town.
The airport hospitality van and the van that takes you into town is driven by a wonderful, cheerful and helpful older guy called Eddie. If I was going to need to stay at a cheap airport hotel, regardless of my complaints, I would go back just to see Eddie again. For me he gets the Wyndham employee of the year award!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will come back to stay in our soon to be rooms! Our breakfast is also in the process of being upgraded along with the rooms. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlotte!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Traveled from South Carolina for a very early flight the next day. Did the Sleep-Park-Fly by calling direct to book this package. Arrived a bit early, checked in with front desk & room was ready. Very pleasant woman at front desk, (answered all our questions with a wonderful disposition) as were all the staff we encountered. Had a king room on 3rd floor, there was some wear & tear but, what I expected from an airport hotel that has a lot of turn over. The room was larger & cleaner than I expected and very comfortable. Bathroom was clean, a bit on the smallish side but doable. Had a patio with seating in the back of hotel which was comfortable but, could lose the wood chips, should be cement. Only problems we had were the clock didn't work (couldn't be set) but, called the front desk for wake up & shuttle, worked fine for us. Did set alarm on cell phone just in case. Shuttle drivers both leaving & arriving were very professional, engaging, pleasant & on time. Only sad part of our stay while seated on the back patio was a young homeless woman walking back & forth asking for food. Not the hotels problem & after our meal at a near by restaurant we gave her our leftovers, she was polite, thanked us and was not a problem. We could hear planes taking off & landing quite latish but it wasn't to intrusive, we slept well. We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again. We left before breakfast (5AM) so cannot comment on that. Vehicle was fine on return.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at back of hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! Hopefully, by your next visit, we will have newly renovated rooms and back patio area to go along with the other public space that has been completed. It's always nice to hear that our staff is also meeting your needs and expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property is near the Charlotte airport and provides good shuttle service. I frequently leave my car there and stay over one night on my return. It is convenient, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us using the park before you fly package! Hope to see you again the next time you are flying out of Charlotte.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Phillip K, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 10 November 2017