Traveled from South Carolina for a very early flight the next day. Did the Sleep-Park-Fly by calling direct to book this package. Arrived a bit early, checked in with front desk & room was ready. Very pleasant woman at front desk, (answered all our questions with a wonderful disposition) as were all the staff we encountered. Had a king room on 3rd floor, there was some wear & tear but, what I expected from an airport hotel that has a lot of turn over. The room was larger & cleaner than I expected and very comfortable. Bathroom was clean, a bit on the smallish side but doable. Had a patio with seating in the back of hotel which was comfortable but, could lose the wood chips, should be cement. Only problems we had were the clock didn't work (couldn't be set) but, called the front desk for wake up & shuttle, worked fine for us. Did set alarm on cell phone just in case. Shuttle drivers both leaving & arriving were very professional, engaging, pleasant & on time. Only sad part of our stay while seated on the back patio was a young homeless woman walking back & forth asking for food. Not the hotels problem & after our meal at a near by restaurant we gave her our leftovers, she was polite, thanked us and was not a problem. We could hear planes taking off & landing quite latish but it wasn't to intrusive, we slept well. We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again. We left before breakfast (5AM) so cannot comment on that. Vehicle was fine on return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 – I485 is the perfect launching point from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) as one of the closest hotels to the airport at only 1.4 miles. Begin your pleasures in the heart of Charlotte at only 6 miles. Two complimentary shuttle buses are available for pick up and drop off at the Airport and within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. For your extended travel plans book our Park & Fly for long-term parking and curbside Airport drop off. While staying with us request an Uber and be sure to visit Uptown Charlotte to see our NFC Champions Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium, the Charlotte Hornets at Spectrum Arena/Timewarner Cable Arena a popular basketball and concert venue, or Charlotte's new Charlotte Knights BB&T Stadium. Neighboring the Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport I85 – I485 is the US National Whitewater Center and the infamous Miracle on the Hudson at the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Follow the life of Billy Graham at the Billy Graham Library. For our golf enthusiast you may be excited to know we will soon welcome the country’s popular Top Golf complex in early 2017. Families might also enjoy a day at Carowinds Amusement Park, Discovery Place, NASCAR Hall of Fame or Charlotte Motor Speedway. We love our military and support Charlotte’s growing Air & Army National Guard, be sure to inquire about our Government rates. Business guests appreciate our multiple meeting spaces, Wyndham Rewards and our proximity to restaurant’s within walking distance or availability through our complimentary shuttle service. Our hotel provides free Wi-Fi and our Business Center is open 24 hours. Do not forget as you enjoy these amenities that you are also welcome to enjoy our private Fitness Center and coming early 2017 our new indoor and outdoor lounge complete with Food & Beverage options. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte
- Wingate Charlotte Airport
- Wyndham Charlotte
- Charlotte Wyndham