“Good food and drinks at a reasonable price- better location”
Review of Johnny's Red Bowl Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Johnny's Red Bowl Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I am glad that Red Bowl moved from the Promenade to Matthew (near Siskey YMCA). I went there for sushi on a Tuesday night and enjoyed a half-price bottle of wine and a Pacific Fried Roll (which was previously off the menu at the old location). I talked my girlfriend into going back on Friday night and we enjoyed a Phoenix Maki roll and a couple of bento boxes. The Phoenix Maki roll was the best roll I had in a long time. We ordered a couple of specialty drinks which were good.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Went here for lunch and it was a disaster. Ordered a bowl where you could mix the ingredients, but they didn't read the order and made it their own way. Asked for mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Ended up with carrots and all kinds of veggies however only 1 mushroom. Also ordered fried rice mixed with egg and soy sauce, peas, carrots & onions garnished with scallions, didn't look anything the description, frozen peas and carrots no flavor at all.. Mongolian Beef wok-fried sliced beef with onion, and scallions, served on a bed of snow-white crispy rice noodles, not so. Some kind of gravy type of sauce, pasty and the beef was tasteless. Crispy rice noodles were minimal at best five or six not a bed! Overall the experience was horrid. Oh and the hostess, who also acted like the owner, was nasty like she didn't want to be bothered, really added to the time spent here. Run don't walk away!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

If you like Asian food, this place has it all at great prices. The portions are very generous and the food tastes great. The staff is very sweet, prompt and they help with finding your tastes. There is plenty of room to find a seat and upon leaving be sure to grab a mint at the check out stand.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

this is good quality dependable food. Friendly staff and reasonable price.offering 3 different rice choices at lunch with an entree. fast service at lunch time

Reviewed 30 November 2015

We decided to try this place for lunch. The price was right 5.75 and we were hungry. We got a spring roll and I got tofu and vegetables. My husband got spinach and garlic sauce. Both were very good food. I especially liked the spring roll that was very good. It wasn't the best vegetable tofu I have had but it was very good. I enjoyed my meal. My son-n-law says their Thai food is very good.