All reviews blt bar cocoa lobby lounge double sinks bathroom mirror popovers steam room room service in room dining an executive suite quiet side beautiful hotel luxury hotel valet staff valet parking the entire staff fitness center
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I chose The Ritz in Charlotte for our wedding anniversary getaway weekend. We were impressed upon arrival with the service and ambiance of the hotel. Our suite was clean and roomy although slightly outdated furniture. Full bathroom was lovely and half bath very convenient. We both had one of the best massages ever during our couples massage in their spa. The spa amenities were very nice. The salt room was amazing!
It wasn’t until our second day that we had an issue, when I accidentally locked myself out of our room after a facial (my husband was still in the middle of his) and I had to go to the front desk to get a room key. I was in my robe and slippers with wet hair, so I was already frustrated and a bit embarrassed. The gentleman at the front desk put me through quite the interrogation process to get into my room, despite my obvious appearance as a guest. Not to mention the lady who checked us in was standing right there. The problem was that my name wasn’t on the reservation. Not an excuse in my opinion considering all of the circumstances. I was very much further embarrassed and in front of other guests nonetheless! I was “escorted” back to my room to have my id checked after intense questioning and they even called the spa to confirm I had been there! Absolutely ridiculous! They need to re-visit their procedure with certain policies. I was also disappointed that the refrigerator in the room was pretty much useless and we had an issue with to-go food being ruined.
The management however MORE than made up for our troubles and we will definitely return due to the outstanding customer service. Looking forward to giving this hotel another go despite many other beautiful options in uptown Charlotte.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We booked the ritz for our wedding night. The suite was outdated and the carpets were stained. We had to wait to check in due to so many people trying to get into the downstairs club. One of my bridesmaids ordered us strawberries and champagne but there was nothing in the room when we got there.

2  Thank meganfR1685ZD
SeamusRitz, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Good Day Megan,

We are disappointed to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. If you have time, I would love to speak with you directly about your experience. Please call me at your convenience at 704-972-4446.

Kindly,
Seamus

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We came to the Ritz for an anniversary night and although I knew the Ritz reputation, we were super impressed. We are looking forward to our next stay. I recommend the Ritz to any couple looking for a special night

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The Ritz is always a great experience. However, I recently read where they mistreated minorities and put a surcharge on their bills but that wasn’t the case for us. We were treated like royalty. I will continue to be an avid customer of the Ritz Carlton.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I stayed at the hotel on a recent business trip to Charlotte. It was actually my 3rd or 4th time at the hotel and there is a reason I keep going back. The rooms are great and the staff is very professional. This particular time I did have an issue that was an annoyance. Apparently T-Mobile service does not work in the hotel and I was without service for 2 days. I asked to change rooms to see if I could get better cell service and they told me that the company did not have an agreement with T-Mobile for service in the hotel. This was this first time I have ever heard of this but my ATT phone did work. There are lots of places to eat in walking distance. I will stay there agin on my next trip but I do hope they fix the phone service thing.

Room Tip: There is a bar across the street from the hotel. On a football game night they can get a little loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business