“Reasonably priced, reasonably good”

Brookwood Farms BBQ
Ranked #147 of 2,729 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Looked like a nice place for lunch, prices were reasonable for the food. Not real bbq but the wings and the burger order by my tablemates were well enjoyed and deemed very good. Only 2 pieces of celery accompanied the wings ( not carrots) which was a bit of a disappointment, but the wings were good. Burger was declared excellent, upgraded to tater tots which were nice and crispy. My nachos were a disappointment, no real cheese, just a gluey cheese sauce. There was a nice creamy sauce poured over the top which was good, but the menu should specify it is cheese sauce, not cheese. So avid the nachos, but enjoy something with meat!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was excited to see a BBQ place to have lunch and didn't mind spending more for my meal than I had planned for the pleasure of it. However, after my meal, I was disappointed.

The brisket was very fatty, and nearly a full forth of it was fat. The collard greens were bland, nothing like what I was expecting. The mashed potatoes were boring, no flavor whatsoever, no gravy. It's my own fault for mistaking the flakes of skin for bacon. The sauce and the great cornbread were the only things good about this meal.

I was also looking forward to tasting a fried pickle spear, which some meals get, but I guess mine didn't include one.

This disappointing meal set me back $15 plus tax.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I am very particular about my BBQ and airports rarely have BBQ worth eating, but this place is different. The brisket was very good, considering this was in an airport. The hot link sausage was outstanding. Just the right amount of flavor and spice. The sides were good.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I had a craving for some Q between flights and I definitely wanted to try this place out. I’m in Carolina baby! Receiving good reviews I gave it a shot. Corn bread was dry and undesirable, fried pickle was average. I wanted to try the pulled pork but it looked like canned tuna so I ordered double brisket. Brisket was good, color and flavor was there, surprised it wasn’t dry. It will scratch your itch for Q but leave you wanting more.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Single meat plate with two sides and no drink came to $16.23 including tax, so not cheap. I had the beef brisket with the barbecue sauce on the side in a little container. My sides were green beans and corn along with a piece of cornbread and a hush puppy (as I discovered later, was a deep fried quarter dill pickle). The brisket was a bit dry and glad I had the barbecue sauce to dip the beef in. Beans were good as was the corn, but the plastic plate really took away from the sense of having BBQ but I guess that's what you have to have in an airport.