“Charlotte,..... We Have a Problem”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lloyd Church Road
Transit: Bus stops in front of our shopping center. 20 Inbound 5:22am 5:52am 29 Outbound 6:32am 7:17am RideTransit.org
Description: This classic Italian Restaurant, in Charlotte, NC, proudly serves the finest authentic Tuscan cuisine. Amazing selection of wines. Locations in Southpark and Ballantyne.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wednesday evening, we decide to have dinner out. Arooji's Wine Room had always been on the list, so, here we are. Not too crowded-great! Being a wine room, we were anxious to try a few wines by the glass during dinner. The wine list is impressive, especially Italian. Wines by the glass at a wine room, not too extensive, but very good. We started with a light entrée to split as an appetizer, the Insalata di Mare. This was very good, but ruined by the octopus. If the kitchen is unable to properly cook an octopus, PLEASE DO NOT SERVE IT! Very rubbery! At this point, we were offered bread, only after having a problem with the seafood salad.
I would like to point out that our server was very friendly, & trying her best to make our dinner experience a success.
Next up, our mains. My wife selected the baby lamb chops, which were excellent. I chose the Sea Bass, which they were out of. Next choice, the fillet, which was cooked perfectly. Meanwhile, our second selection of wine by the glass was taking a little time. My first selection-they were out of. The asparagus side for my entrée was very stringy & unedible. This brings me back to the kitchen, & the attention to what is prepared, how it is kept, & how/why it gets to the table.
During all this, our server had to continually offer apologies. We heard this at other tables as well.
For desert, we chose the flourless chocolate cake, which was good. The espresso machine was broken, so no luck there. My first choice for an after dinner drink- "we're out of that".
Overall, I feel the dinner was a little pricey for the food that was delivered. The shame here was the excellent wine list. For Italian in Charlotte, especially Tuscan, there art much better places.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The place was beautifully decorated. I loved the atmosphere. The parking is horrible unless you drive a Smartcar. Very very tight parking and limited at that. I'll admit I'm a true Southerner, I like big portions and lots of variety. I did not find that here. There wasn't the variety I expected to find on an Italian menu. The spinach crab dip was tasty as well as the bread. The main course was small to me and overpriced. It tasted fine, but not great. I think I just had my expectations too high. I'm not a fan of "pretty" food, I prefer tasty food. The food was very pretty though I might add. The service was very slow. It took us 2 full hours to get our main course. It was nice to try this place once, but unfortunately it'll be my last trip here.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Nice atmosphere. More of a place for adults than family. Appetizers were great. The lobster ravioli was phenomenal!!! My co-diners had salmon which was over cooked. The service??? Well, I believe our server dropped out of her training program. She wasn't awful, but given the classiness of the restaurant, she was a little rough around the edges. She should have been more knowledgable about wines given the restaurants boasts being a wine room. I would go back again and hope for a different hostess/server (she played both roles).

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We had a promotional coupon for this restaurant so we decided to give it a try. The decor was nice and atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Definitely glad we left our daughter at home as I didn't see one child, but that was fine, some places are suited better for adults. My husband had the Sea Bass special and said it was wonderful. Huge portion too compared to other places we have tried it. I had the pizza and it was average, felt like it was something I could have gotten anywhere. If I were to go again I would try another dish, as I probably should have this time. They have a cute outdoor patio and service was prompt and friendly. We would definitely dine here again giving the opportunity!

1  Thank dmw4444
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I would eat at Arooji's again any day. Great Grab Dip, Great Service, Great drink selection. Good vibes and good food.