“Good Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is just of I-40 but not too close so that it's quiet. Check-in was quick & painless. The rooms was very clean, quiet & comfortable. The fitness center equipment was fairly new and in working order. My only complaints were the TV in the room was cheap with a crappy remote and the parking was limited. Some of the parking is under the hotel is useless due to the support columns being in the edge of the parking spaces which make them only fit for a very small car. I had to park on the far side of the hotel but it wasn't too far. Other than that, the breakfast was your typical HI-Exp menu but was clean & well-stocked with the limited exception of not much fresh fruit. I would come back again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Location was okay, rooms and service was fantastic. All of the employees there were very friendly and helpful, I arrived late with a very warm welcome. The desk attendants were just lovely. I always slept in so I always missed the breakfast. Overall a very good experience and I will definetely stay here when I visit again in February.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here for one night with my son who is a student in chapel hill. I had travelled all the way from Ireland and needed somewhere close to airport for my first night. I was going on to stay in Carolina inn for rest of my stay. The main thing I can say is the welcome we got from a really nice African American man was the best I have ever got. Made us feel so at home. The room was nice but watch the air con. We didn't work it right and I was cold. The nice atmosphere confined at breakfast - I think the hotel must be really well managed to deliver this quality of service. Breakfast was awful really but who cares when u feel so at home!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We chose this location because it was easy to access from the interstate, and we found a coupon in a travel brochure at a rest stop. We got to Chapel Hill at about 10pm and walked in without a reservation. The man at the front desk, I believe his name was Darrus, was extremely nice and helpful. The check-in was quick and easy and we were in the room in no time. Our room was very clean, modern and nice. We enjoyed breakfast in the lobby the next morning, as there were plenty of options to choose from. I would stay here again and would recommend that others do too!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vectorgirl
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stay there 5 nights for my cousin's wedding and we loved it!
We had the opportunity to go to other hotels were other family members were staying in Chapel Hill and ours was superior by far... The breakfast was always changing everyday so we didn't get bored at eating at the Hotel, the rooms were impeccable and the hotel had a very fresh feeling... All the staff was super nice specially Jeffrey who helped us with the reservations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family