“Exactly were we needed to be!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rippon, West Virginia
“Great location”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

It was a great location and the house was almost as expected. The mattresses on all the beds were old so no one slept very well. The gas grill had to be cleaned before use due to maggots in the grease trap and had to refill the propane tank because it was empty. Couldn't get the Wifi to work on any devise. Thankfully my phone became everyone's hot spot. The last issue was when the next renters showed up the day before we left with the same exact door code as ours. Not sure if it was double booked or they showed up early. The price was great and location was fantastic so we made the best of it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mattresses
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Jul 2016
Thank you for your review, we are sorry this rental home was not as you'd hoped it would be. I would like to address some of the issues you'd mentioned - to insure you and future guests that we do take reviews seriously and use them to improve our home.
1. WiFi issues - You'd had left us a message regarding the WiFi at the beginning of your stay. I had texted back and followed up with a voice message - giving some suggested reasons why it may not be working and to call me if these didn't work. I never heard back, so I assumed the WiFi was working - if I'd known it was not still, I certainly would not have hesitated to call Charter, who services both our WiFi and cable to this house. The WiFi did work for the renters previously and after you, so I am not for sure how to answer your issue, but I hope in the future, other renters will let me know if they have problems with the WiFi and cable as well since it is frustrating to not have it!
2. Grill - We have not been renting through TripAdvisor/FlipKey very long and through this review I realized that another rental site we use has an informational site/page set up for each rental unit. In this information, it addresses the use of the grill...which includes that we provide a grill but we don't guarantee that the tank will be filled and ask the renters to clean the grill after use. I will insure this information on the grill is passes on to renters using this rental site.
3. Mattresses - We have plans to replace all the mattresses this fall.
4. Renter - The renter that came the day before you were to leave was an unfortunate situation. We have several emails and texts showing the correct days they were to check-in (we only rent Sat - Sat during summer months). They thought they were checking in on Friday, even though we'd sent out these emails and even communicated with them via text regarding their rental dates. I am sorry you were put in this situation. I am not sure how we could have prevented this since we feel it was well communicated to them and I hope future renters feel that their rental dates are well communicated as well.
We feel the location of this rental house is convenient to the attractions and activities Carolina Beach offers and hope other renters will enjoy our home.
sandraH56...
Broadway, North Carolina
“Exactly were we needed to be!”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I am very please with our stay. The cottage was everything it was listed to be and so close to the beach. The inside of cottage was updated and very comfortable. Jennifer was so nice to work with and I will come back again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing