“Carnivorous Venus Fly Traps, Sundews and Pitcher Plants”

Carolina Beach State Park
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Viewed all three carnivorous plants on an easy walk. Also observed a fox squirrel. Trails along the water und long leaf pines . Nice visitor center and campground looked nice.

All reviews
"intracoastal waterway"
"fort fisher"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We were tent camping on a bicycle trip and this campground was excellent. Good shower and bathroom facilities; picnic table; electric outlet for recharging devices; and very shady. Easy to find and naviigate throught he park.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

They have good trails to walk your dog and it is actually has a boat ramp. They have picnic tables. Restrooms and places to change clothes.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My husband and I had planned to camp in the mountain's but the storm decided we camp elsewhere. We used to fish here when our kid's were small so we decided to go back down memory lane. Camping sites have a good amount of distance between them and park has hot showers. There are also a couple of outlets in the bathhouse to dry hair, etc. We thought we got lucky and was told when we checked in that we could rent the "Host" spot which meant electricity and water on site. We just had to pay the extra fees. Great deal! We unload more than half of our vehicle, tent on pad and we find out it was only wired with a RV plug. I called Marina and they advised the adaptor to enable us to use a drop cord has to be there and it better be there. Were we sure we were looking at the right thing? Duh. lol They send someone who advises, no, it's not here. This is a host site and there isn't one. Naturally, we are like, since we can't use the electricity can we get the extra money we paid back? Sure! I call the Marina and the guy says he's sorry and yes they'll give us a refund for the extra money paid. I hear someone telling him something and he says, no we can't, the site still has electricity and you have to pay the full amount. But you can move to the site you originally reserved and then we'll refund the extra. At this point, I don't think my husband is going to want to load our car nor pack our tent back up. Guy advised it's nothing they can do. I didn't, but I felt like asking him, well, why did you rent a place knowing we needed electricity for CPAP and a Spinal Cord Stimulator implant if you knew it didn't have the correct plug? After all, you were the one who told us there was an adaptor and it had better be there, and that we weren't looking for it in the right place. It's not like I didn't tell him our needs before renting it. Other than the staff, the Park is beautiful, in a great area and close to everything. We would go again and this experience taught us about what site would meet our needs better. We spent the rest of the first day looking a battery power fan or the adaptor to enable us to use electricity. No luck. We did however find an adaptor the next day. So I guess all's well that ends well. But that was a lot of time out of our 4 days and I still feel staff could have been more accommodating. If you are a senior, they will give you a $6 a day discount. The marina has a place to do laundry, bait, fishing rigs, ice cream, t-shirts, batteries, firewood etc

1  Thank Ann C