Review Highlights
State Park Visit

Nice park, campsites and cabins available! Nice little store too, found extendable sand dipper for... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
Denise F
via mobile
Carolina Beach State Park offers a variety of outdoor experiences for the entire family.

We have gone to Carolina Beach State Park several times and it was a wonderful experience each... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018
Miguel B
Cary, North Carolina

All reviews venus fly traps carnivorous plants visitor center pitcher plants walking trails the cape fear river boat ramp nice campground sugar loaf tent camping pine needles big waves bath house bring bug spray fort fisher plenty of space great area
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We were tent camping on a bicycle trip and this campground was excellent. Good shower and bathroom facilities; picnic table; electric outlet for recharging devices; and very shady. Easy to find and naviigate throught he park.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

They have good trails to walk your dog and it is actually has a boat ramp. They have picnic tables. Restrooms and places to change clothes.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My husband and I had planned to camp in the mountain's but the storm decided we camp elsewhere. We used to fish here when our kid's were small so we decided to go back down memory lane. Camping sites have a good amount of distance between them and park has hot showers. There are also a couple of outlets in the bathhouse to dry hair, etc. We thought we got lucky and was told when we checked in that we could rent the "Host" spot which meant electricity and water on site. We just had to pay the extra fees. Great deal! We unload more than half of our vehicle, tent on pad and we find out it was only wired with a RV plug. I called Marina and they advised the adaptor to enable us to use a drop cord has to be there and it better be there. Were we sure we were looking at the right thing? Duh. lol They send someone who advises, no, it's not here. This is a host site and there isn't one. Naturally, we are like, since we can't use the electricity can we get the extra money we paid back? Sure! I call the Marina and the guy says he's sorry and yes they'll give us a refund for the extra money paid. I hear someone telling him something and he says, no we can't, the site still has electricity and you have to pay the full amount. But you can move to the site you originally reserved and then we'll refund the extra. At this point, I don't think my husband is going to want to load our car nor pack our tent back up. Guy advised it's nothing they can do. I didn't, but I felt like asking him, well, why did you rent a place knowing we needed electricity for CPAP and a Spinal Cord Stimulator implant if you knew it didn't have the correct plug? After all, you were the one who told us there was an adaptor and it had better be there, and that we weren't looking for it in the right place. It's not like I didn't tell him our needs before renting it. Other than the staff, the Park is beautiful, in a great area and close to everything. We would go again and this experience taught us about what site would meet our needs better. We spent the rest of the first day looking a battery power fan or the adaptor to enable us to use electricity. No luck. We did however find an adaptor the next day. So I guess all's well that ends well. But that was a lot of time out of our 4 days and I still feel staff could have been more accommodating. If you are a senior, they will give you a $6 a day discount. The marina has a place to do laundry, bait, fishing rigs, ice cream, t-shirts, batteries, firewood etc

2  Thank Ann C
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We are full time RVer's camped here for a few days. This is a beautiful, well kept camp ground. There is a Marina here for boaters.
Only criticism is the gates are closed at 9 PM and we have to be back or we have to park and walk a mile to our camp site in the dark. This is a little bit of a hardship for us because we are out sightseeing and frequently get back late.
This is a great place to camp and hike.

1  Thank Robertcopeland
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

As usual kids will enjoy a lot in sand and sea water. They were playing endlessly. For swimming, this beach is not the best. Sea is not shallow to enjoy water, it’s deep as we go 5-7 feet inside. We spent around 3-4 hours and crowd was also good because of near by hotels.
Beach also has paid parking where you can take showers at the end.

Date of experience: August 2017