“Left confused about why everyone loves the food here...........”

Granny's Country Kitchen
Price range: USD 0 - USD 12
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Our whole family had tried eating here a few years ago but the small place was soo packed we couldn't get in. So when my husband and I were in the area last Friday we decided to try again. I had read all of the rave reviews and figured it had to be a great place to catch a bite. Wrong! Grits were soo thick that they came apart in pieces. My husband's pancake wouldn't even allow the syrup to soak the pancake. My scrambled eggs were burnt on the bottom. It appeared the cook got busy and our breakfast was left on the grill too long and then our food set because everything was cold. I'm sure the staff will ask the question, why didn't we tell them? Our server didn't even offer us refills much less check to see if the food was ok. I'm hoping we just caught them on a "off day". But we won't ever go back to see if that was the case.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a late breakfast. Tried the fried green tomatoes and they were delicious! Also, had bacon and eggs. My husband tried the shrimp and grits and said they were good, too.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a good place for breakfast that was in walking distance of our hotel. Had the same server both Saturday and Sunday mornings and she was very pleasant. Indoors was full on Saturday so we ate outside on picnic table. Sunday was much less crowded so we sat indoors. I had the veggie omelet with grits both days. My requests for dry whole wheat toast and no extra butter on anything were not a problem and she said they did not add butter to the grits anyway, which I appreciated. My husband had pancakes one morning and french toast the next day. They keep the coffee coming and service was fast. I would say my omelet was excellent both mornings and that the pancakes and french toast were average. Only negative comment I have is that I could do without the 70's disco radio music playing indoors. I did ask if they had oatmeal and appreciated that she let me know it was instant so I did not order it.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Granny's served me the best sausage gravy and biscuits I have ever had the pleasure of eating. This little place (consisting of 8 tables and a few picnic tables out front) has big things to offer. The menu is simple with a southern twist. The staff was pleasant and efficient. I will forever have dreams and cravings for the sausage gravy and biscuits. My only regret, the six flights of stairs to our condo after breakfast. Thank you Grannys!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is my first review for Granny's, but I have eaten breakfast here once or twice a week during vacation for well over 10 years. The coffee and pancakes are my favorite, but my group of four had several different items from the menu and all were great. Once person was accommodated for a half decaf and half regular coffee with a smile. We never had to ask for free refills due to the waitress being very attentive. Don't be fooled by the small parking lot in front, the side lot is also for Granny's. Inexpensive, local eatery.