“Dinner”

Gravy Southern Eatery
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Calabash
Cuisines: American
Description: Casual Restaurant Serving Calabash Style Seafood, Southern Style Meat & Vegetables, Sandwiches & Salads
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner for down home local seafood. Really enjoyed the fried scallops. Just like the old days. Very good value and large portions for our golf group. Staff could not have been nicer, highly recommended!

1  Thank Bob M

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I stopped in to Gravy while traveling through the area. It was our first visit, and based on the initial experience, we will definitely be going back. It's a rather small eatery with about twenty tables. We were there a little early for lunch, but since loads of customers came in after us, we were glad to have gotten our table when we did. They have a special for each day of the week they're opened, and that special comes with 2 sides, tea and either hushpuppies or a roll. My wife decided to try their special of the day, which was meatloaf, while I opted for their fried shrimp. My wife had mashed potatoes and baby lima beans as her sides, along with hushpuppies, while I had French fries and Cole slaw with my shrimp. Our portions were ample and all the food was fresh and delicious. We both agreed, their hushpuppies were the best we've ever eaten. The service was friendly, quick and efficient. We would highly suggest you give Gravy a try; you're in for a wonderful meal, to be sure!!

2  Thank RetiredBeachers29526
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Having only been living in the area a few months, we were looking for somewhere that was not a tourist trap, but just plain, good, home cooking. Gravy was recommended by a friend, and my husband and I went the first time and tried the meatloaf and shrimp sandwich. Both were delicious and fairly priced. We were so impressed, we went back three days later and tried the ham and shrimp pasta salad. Once again, we were very impressed. I could have eaten my weight in the shrimp pasta salad! The hushpuppies were addictive, and peach cobbler being offered as a side is a major plus. We will be going back many, many times; I can guarantee it. Love me some Gravy!!!!

1  Thank _darterrell
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Just good southern cooking. Variety of meat & vegetables and plenty of it! Daily specials are great as are the standard menu items.

1  Thank JackieV186
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We live close by and like to frequent this little gem whenever we want an inexpensive meal close by. The food is always fresh. They have a takeout window. Usually there is a wait for a tble but it goes quick. Have had burgers, fish and chicken here as well as salads. Low cost for a decent meal.

1  Thank Catherine V