All reviews hot tub outer banks enclosed porch ocean front off season efficiency room high tide full kitchen place to stay get away fishing trip wi fi bit dated nothing fancy cape hatteras national seashore two night stay beach gear
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Value for money Very basic motel - no hairdryer - no beach towel - no service from any staff and the interior is really old and unkept - The highlight was our room position with good sea view - I would not recommend this motel at the prices they charge and the rooms are really old - rusted sink / plumbing etc

Room Tip: Make sure you get a full sea view room at least !
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The good - good size fridge, microwave, decent bathroom. Short walk to beach. Pool and (very hot!) hot tub. Ocean Water is still nice temp for wading!

The adequate - Beds adequate. Had to trudge over steep loose sand dune to get to beach - no boardwalk over dune as nearby places had. Beach coarse, shelly - not good for bare feet.

The bad - poor intermittent wi fi, 1990s TV. Water tasted off. Sand at front door, kept tracking in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I do not give bad reviews easily but I would not recommend this motel. The room has a window unit air conditioner that is not in a window but in an opening on the back wall of the kitchenette. There is a sign on the unit that says not to turn the temperature any lower than 72 degrees or the unit freezes. The unit air is blocked by the kitchenette, the refrigerator etc so the air does not get into the rest of the room. The room was warm all night and did not have a fan. It was not a pleasant night. There were flys around the motel so that when we were bringing the luggage in tons of them came into the room. We had no fly swatter and had to use a newspaper to try to kill flys. We killed over 50 and still had to deal with some during the night. The room is kind of shabby and dingy. I am not into fancy hotels. I just want it clean and functional. This place was neither. The bed spread had a hole in in it. We paid for two nights and left after the first night. I would not recommend this motel. Also we never did get the wifi to work.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

First and foremost, people of color and other minorities be aware of this place!!!

Me and my family set a reservation to vacation for the first time on the Outer Banks, and staying at this motel was overwhelmingly unpleasant. Upon arrival we acknowledged a power issue, however it still continued to go off at times. Meanwhile, during our stay the motel management were unhappy with us because of requesting a refund, prior to our stay. Also, knowing that we were of a minority group the situation would only escalate to an uncomforted magnitude. Further, in the middle of our stay they even decided to move us to a less prestigious room as part of their humiliation. We were asked to pay more in order to stay in the room, prior to being moved. Although we were assigned to park on the building's parking lot, but as a result of what was happening they would no longer allow us to so. During our stay there were no maintenance people, so we had no paper toilet and was asked to take out our own garbage. By cause of the constant attack we would be on the premises only at night to sleep, however their actions was going to disrupt our vacation.

I'm sure in response to this post they will voice their opinion, but I will assert, they can not create facts!!!

Stayed: August 2017
12  Thank Alleyes1
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I normally like to take my camper where I go so that I can enjoy the comforts of home. This time I checked in and got the efficiency room with kitchen (B) I like to call it the cuboard under the stairs because that exactly where it was. Although the interior was a bit dated, it was very clean and served its purpose. The room was very cool and towels and basic toiletries were offered. If you want towels daily, forget it. Toilet paper and paper towels are immediately supplied but the expectation is that since you have a kitchen you will be buying groceries and replace. There is an enclosed porch to drop all your beach gear and an outdoor faucet and fish cleaning station to clean said gear. Theres a pool and there is a beach but its quite small. Cape hatteras national seashore is literally a stones throw away and the ferry to Ocracoke Island is about 25 minutes away. There are several small restaurants and a Food Lion nearby. If you love to cook the locally caught seafood, don't have a camper and a beach house is out of your price range, stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple