“Great post hike destination”
Review of Marco Trattoria

Marco Trattoria
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Brevard
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We had hiked for a few hours and Dupont State Forrest and were ready for some good food. Many of the restaurants in the area are closed on Sundays so we stumbled on Marcos. There were a lot of people there considering they were just opening for the day. It is a small place with a friendly vibe. Very pleasant staff. Two of us had the lasagna, one the crab risotto, and one the meatball sub (daily special). Everyone at the table was sharing bites as we each seemed to think we had made the best choice. Turns out we all had. Outstanding wine selection. Most definitely returning. I do suggest making a reservation as it does get crowded but for a good reason.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had a lovely meal at Marco on our recent trip to Brevard. We started with the asparagus appetizer, which was served with a delicate but flavorful sauce. The parmesan crisps were delicious. My husband had the filet mignon special, which was perfectly cooked to order (medium rare). I had the trout, which was delicious. The lemon-caper piccatta sauce was a delicious accompaniment to the trout, which was fresh, firm and nicely seasoned. Sides were tasty- the trout came with more grilled asparagus, which the restaurant would have substituted for me, but I enjoyed the appetizer so much I wanted more! Desserts were a little disappointing. I had the gateau basque, which our server said was "soggy"- I thought she just meant very moist, but she was right. It was soggy and not in a good way. My husband had the Grand Marnier chocolate mousse, which lacked Grand Marnier flavor. Service was friendly and prompt, although they were pretty busy when we arrived. We will definitely return on our next visit to Brevard; it was our favorite meal of our trip.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here. She had the beet salad and steamed mussels. She really enjoyed both. I had the romano salad with a dinner special baked seafood chowder. Wow! It was delicious! I told them this should be on their regular menu. We will be back.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent woodfired pizza. Yummy lunch options. Excellent service. Dinner was great too but maybe I should have ordered pizza again. I had beet salad and the trout. Trout was good but the mashed potato side was cold.My husband had crab bisque twice, pizza and the stew special. The bisque was freshly made. Good section of beers and wines. My mother had the crab risotto. It was heavy and too dry for her taste.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Food was not at all what we expected. My husbands crab risotto had absolutely no crab but loads of risotto, corn and broccoli. He was told that since crab was the same color as the risotto he just couldn’t see it. He did get a small cup of crab finally. I had eggplant parmigiana, it was cold and the cheese was not melted but the bottom was burned. Sorry we choose this place as my granddaughter wanted Italian so badly.

1  Thank Sally P