“Fantastic Breakfast and lunch”
Review of Sunrise Grill

Sunrise Grill
Ranked #11 of 160 Restaurants in Boone
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Years ago, this place was your typical greasy spoon breakfast place. But new ownership has really elevated the quality of the food. They make their own corned beef and beef brisket hash. My husband raved about it with the poached eggs. They have a variety of other breakfast dishes including pancakes with bacon or sausage in the batter. And a key indicator of quality is the real maple syrup! They also have lighter fare--today it was baked apples with blueberries. They also have lunch sandwiches. I had the avocado BLT on home-made bread. It was outstanding. The staff is extremely friendly and service is great. You may have to wait. This place is popular so go early or closer to closing at 2 p.m. For families--they have a special Mon-Thurs on all you can eat silver dollar pancakes for kids. I also recommend the french toast, breakfast burrito, and above all, the sweet potato hash! Recently they added the full Monty--a traditional English breakfast. Prices are also very reasonable and when you are done, you can play putt-putt golf next door!

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

On a recent visit to Boone my wife and I googled best Boone breakfast and the result was Sunrise. Having never experienced this watery I was anxious to try the fare. We were not disappointed, in fact the food was exceptional. Wife had Irish Benedict with corned beef replacing Canadian bacon, me two eggs over easy, mountaineer hash, made with beef brisket, served with mushroom gravy and barbecue sauce in the side, grits, cinnamon apples and blueberries plus a homemade biscuit. The plate was garnished with an orange slice to boot. Now, I am a breakfast officianado and have eaten eggs from Manhattan to the Golden Gate, Miami to the Motor City, the latter being the city I had eggs in a cafe in downtown Detroit in 1960 was my best breakfast memory, that is until I ate here. Folks, this eclipsed that 1960 meal hands down. The Sunrise Grill is now my all-time favorite breakfast eatery. The hash, biscuit, grits, cinnamon apples, and yes the eggs occupy the #1 position in each categorize. I did not think eggs could blow me away but these over easy eggs were great. Now perhaps I was in the eye of the perfect storm, but to me this was phenomenal. Top it off the waitress Liza, really knew her stuff, was engaging, pleasant, attentive, and efficient. I will be back in Boone in a week you can find me here for breakfast guaranteed 5*****S.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Avocado toast was delicious, simple; whole grain bread, avocado, chia seeds, and an egg; the pancake special was very original and very good; cream cheese and graham crackers in the batter with strawberry syrup and whipped cream.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The restaurant is very clean and the food on the plate looks appetizing and not greasy. The staff is friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. Many choices for breakfast and everything tasted very good.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We waited 40 minutes to be sat at a table for 4 with 5 full-grown adults. Before being seated, we asked the hostess if we could be seated at the empty table for six next to us. She rudely stated that she had a party of six she was going to be seating... 30 minutes into our meal a party of 5 was seated... Food was good, but we had waited for a table like the supposed other party of 5 to be absolutely CRAMMED into a table for 4...