“Good fish tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

In town visiting my sister & family. Ventured downtown Boone. My sister recommended Black Cat Burrito. Conveniently located off main road in Boone.

I asked for suggestions - fish tacos. I ordered mine lightly blackened, perfectly prepared. My wife enjoyed her chicken, beans & rice burrito. The same as my sister & her husband.

They should have ordered one to split between the two. Great quantity, flavor & surroundings.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

It always feel like you have discovered a true local hole- in- the- wall restaurant treat no matter how many times you eat here. Great menu choices...can't go wrong with almost any selection you are in the mood to try. Will look forward to going again this weekend with our NOLS group ; ) There will be enough "leftovers" to feed us all weekend, won't even bother packing Mountain House meals and my Jetboil...haha!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Great food and cheap beer. Very small and not easy to find (off King Street). Fun little place and portions are huge.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We took some friend here for dinner. It was okay, but nothing memorable. The fish tacos were rather disappointing and did not have any distinct flavor and the fish portion was minimal. Probably won't go back if we're in the area, but will try somewhere else.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I went here with some friends during a conference I was attending at App State. It's got a unique theme. I probably wouldn't have noticed it because it's down a side street. I ordered the daily special chicken quesadilla, which changes everyday. It wasn't the Mexican food I'm used to and it had a lot of this special aioli that just didn't settle well with me. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. We also had the fried brussel spouts that were a little burnt on some pieces. Overall if I went back, I'd try the fish tacos.