“Smoothie or a frapp”

Higher Grounds Coffee Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Boone
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My family and I stop at Highgrounds for a quick pick me up. They have perfect size smoothie for kids, they can also add sprinkles! The frapp often gets me through my day! Free WiFi, tables, chairs and couches. Great place to stop for a few minutes or sit and relax.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Higher Grounds has THE BEST Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte anywhere! I have ordered them at coffee shops all over NC and TN and am always disappointed because I am comparing them to Higher Grounds. I made the mistake of letting my teenage daughters try it and now they are hooked! Every day they want to go by and get one. Don't leave Boone without stopping by, though you may never like another Chai latte from anywhere else again.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

Very nice place - the coffee offerings are wonderful and the owners are really nice people. Great vibe and friendly place to hang out.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

Stumbled upon Higher Grounds while we were waiting to see a movie. They are hidden in a shopping center store front, and rather unassuming from the outside. The staff was very warm and friendly. I had a latte and my son had a machiato and both were very well done, smooth and without any bitter taste, I could have done without sweetener, but did use one. Cheaper than Starbucks, no pretense, I would be a regular if this were my home town.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I had to run to the pharmacy there in the shopping center and I decided to grab a couple of drinks for my wife and I. She had the White Chocolate Mocha (which she seemed to enjoy thoroughly) and I just had a basic decaf latte. Wonderful service and nice taste to the drinks cause me to give this place a recommendation. If you want something other than the hotel coffee, give this place a try.