“great coffee, friendly service”

Higher Grounds Coffee Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Boone
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Stumbled upon Higher Grounds while we were waiting to see a movie. They are hidden in a shopping center store front, and rather unassuming from the outside. The staff was very warm and friendly. I had a latte and my son had a machiato and both were very well done, smooth and without any bitter taste, I could have done without sweetener, but did use one. Cheaper than Starbucks, no pretense, I would be a regular if this were my home town.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I had to run to the pharmacy there in the shopping center and I decided to grab a couple of drinks for my wife and I. She had the White Chocolate Mocha (which she seemed to enjoy thoroughly) and I just had a basic decaf latte. Wonderful service and nice taste to the drinks cause me to give this place a recommendation. If you want something other than the hotel coffee, give this place a try.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Does not have the hip, coffee scene vibe I like. An ice cream bar near the counter was rather off putting to me. I like a coffee shop that is all about the coffee. Ordered a raspberry truffle latte. Not too sweet. Good balance of expresso and flavoring. Large cup and definitely cheaper than Starbucks. Place is tucked into a strip mall complex but is not difficult to find. Parking is not an issue. Service was very good and friendly. I just like the snob factor, and I was hoping for one of my tortured, artistic baristas to prepare something that would blow me away. That was not the case. If you are visiting the area, this is a great spot for coffee. We wanted a pastry also, but the selection was limited so we did not go that route. I am glad we stopped.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Great coffee shop with wonderful owners that know how to make a place cozy and relaxing. Would like a little better selection of treats but what they have is fresh and not pre frozen.

2  Thank glendale215
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Called in quite late to this little gem and ordered drinks.

Despite being late the welcome was perfect and efficient.

The Mochas were perfect. Not too sweet well balanced between chocolate and coffee.

They all sell roasted beans which gives a great smell when walking into the shop.

Definitely a place to go

1  Thank BA001