“Horseback riding at its best in the high country!”

Appalachians Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #1 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy the Appalachian Mountains by ATV's/4 wheelers and by horseback. Rides offered are ATV only rides, Horseback only rides and combo rides. You get both adventures in the combo ride. The rides all include - helmets, lesson, lunch, drinks and pictures.These are private rides that last approximately 3.5 to 6 hours depending on the activity you choose that best suites your family. Lets ride!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We have ridden at seven different facilities from the Asheville to the Boone areas.Dianne and her horses are without fail the best experience we've ever had. Everything was perfect from my initial phone contact to loading the horses after our ride.The trails were beautiful and challenging. Dianne was a great hostess and guide. I will definitely ride with her again and strongly recommend Appalachians Outdoor Adventures to everyone. Oh and one last thing, lunch was great too.

All reviews
"beautiful scenery"
"north carolina"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

When my husband and I first found this place, we were planning our 2 year anniversary trip to Boone. We were so excited and could not believe how much was included in the price! They were very flexible and worked with us since we were only there for three days and we needed to work around the weather. We had the most wonderful time ATVing! It was the coolest experience and the views were amazing! They were wonderful guides and let us go at our own pace that we were comfortable with! My husband and I were the only ones on the tour so it was so private! We stopped multiple time so we could get pictures and had a delicious homemade lunch when the ride was done. They also gave us two framed pictures of us on the ATVs that we had taken at the beginning of the ride!! My husband and I were blown away at how fun it was and what a wonderful experience it was! We will definitely be doing it again!

1  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This was the best experience car of our entire honeymoon! Dyan and Scott were amazing guides that were very friendly. We went ATV riding up and through Doe Mountain. We are experienced riders but they seemed to be 100% willing to work with inexperienced riders. We rode for about 3 hours and then they had a cute picnic lunch set up for my husband and I. They even went above and beyond the expectation we had and bought “Congratulations” balloons for our picnic (I had told her we were on our honeymoon while booking the ride the day before). We then went back out riding with Scott for about a half hour. At the end of our trip, Dyan gave us two framed pictures of us riding that did look professionally taken. She bagged up our leftover lunch (which was like a sub sandwich bag of chips- snacks- drinks) and we were on our way. They were very professional yet personal. We had a blast.

The charge was very reasonable. You pay AFTER you ride, it’s all about the experience!

Also, about half an hour in the initial ride- Dyan stopped us at the cutest little campground that had an OPEN bar that was stocked! I had some wine and my husband had a beer. I included pictures of the campground/bar.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Both of us being experienced riders, you never know what to expect with a tour. Let me tell ya! We had a blast! Dyan & Scott definitely have the experience and knowledge to know what you can handle and adjust your ride accordingly. Dyan also made sure we had the correct clothing/gear for our cold weather ride. They were very friendly and it felt like a normal ride day with friends. Our first stop/break was at the R & D Campground...Very nice campground with a stunning view (so definitely check it out if looking for somewhere to stay). We enjoyed a beverage and then the real ride began. Doe mountain was a lot of fun and was a gorgeous backdrop to enjoy. They provided us with a picnic lunch that was delicious and enjoyed ever bite....even had some left over, plenty to eat. We have raved about it to our friends and family and will definitely be back for round 2 with more people. Thanks again Dyan & Scott for the amazing time and the great pictures (we love them)! See you again soon!