“Big Portions”
Review of Water Wheel Cafe

Water Wheel Cafe
Ranked #68 of 157 Restaurants in Boone
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Description: Next to the famous Water Wheel on HWY 105!!! Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Espresso all day! Our Lodge atmosphere is great for large parties and private events! Swing by and try our favorites: Lox Hash served with 2 eggs, our Turkey Apple Grilled Cheese and our Blueberry Balsamic Chicken Salad!
Reviewed 4 December 2016

The food was really good with really big portions. I had an omelette that tasted amazing and a lot of sides. I couldn't eat it all.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

My family and I ate here for breakfast and it was yummy! We had to wait a bit because it was a crowded weekend in Boone. We waited less than expected and were seated. The interior is very nice - homey and clean. The menu is great - lots to choose from! The menu states that they make everything fresh and to order and to expect to wait... and wait we did. We waited about 30 minutes for our food. The meal was wonderful. The service was great. Couldn't quite figure out why the wait was so long but if you have the time it's worth it.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Nice little rustic cafe. Love the service and the friendliness of the waitresses. Sadly this place isn't packed every time I go in! Food is wonderful! I haven't had a bad meal here yet!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

It's telling when the only selection of hot sauce on the place is Texas Pete. But, other than that, the food was decent, the staff was friendly, the decor was homely, and the parking was horrendous.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The food we ordered (chicken salad on rye, chicken salad on blueberry bagel, hamburger, garlic fries, & potato salad) was good, but nothing to write home about. The chicken salad had a good texture and was not dry. However it was very bland. Could stand a little variety in what they add to it...grapes, apples, pecans, celery....something to add some excitement to it. The hamburger had good flavor but my daughter said it was 'a little tough'.
One had potato salad and loved it!
I had a side salad. Again, nothing too exciting. Lettuce, tomato, and onion. It was OK, but where are the carrots or a little cheese and a couple croutons???
My other daughter ordered the garlic fries. I do not recommend them unless you just really like garlic. They put minced garlic on the fries and it was way to much. They brought a bowl of fruit and took the fries off the bill (without me even asking) which was nice.
Overall, I will probably go back and try something different and see how it is.