All reviewsmain streetjacuzzi tublarge screen tvshops and restaurantsgas fireplacelate arrivalbeautiful flowerswithin walking distancenice ownersrocking chairsfelt like homestay in blowing rocksmall roomlove this placewonderful staydowntown areacoffee maker
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We rode our bicycles in off the Parkway in a pouring rain. The owners were great. They had no problem with us keeping our bikes in the room. The hotel was full. I don't think we saw any other hotels\ motels that were full. One of the other guest even volunteered to drive us out to the main strip to get some beer cuz it pouring and we were on our bikes. Unbeleivably beautiful room ! The jacuzzi tub came in handy after a long day of cycling the Parkway in the rain.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TwoLane
Reviewed 20 June 2009

I and a group I carry on journeys throughout the southeast just stayed at the Homestead this week for the first time. The place is immaculately clean, cozy, and has probably the best location in Blowing Rock. One is steps from anything that matters. For a very modest price the rooms were well appointed with gas fireplace, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, and a very pleasing knotty pine mountain ambience. The owners know what true hospitality is about and even arranged reservations for eateries which provided very fine experiences in themselves. The furniture is all real wood homey stuff, not your standard particle core hotel furniture. My room had a couple of nice rockers in it. The room was rather spacious, perhaps 14 x 16. The bathroom was small but spotless with nice big fluffy towels and hair dryer. The owner is meticulous about building maintenance and takes pride in creating a little botanical paradise as well. There were many fine blooming plants throughout the little motor court - with a most pleasing sensibility. I recommend this quaint little inn without hesitation and I have stayed in places in 41 countries.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Castleseeker
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We have been staying here for many years for our weekend getaways to Blowing Rock. Caroline and her family are wonderful. We have NEVER had a problem staying here and have always had a wonderful time. Be sure to get a room with a fireplace, they are great. Within 1/2 block of the main street, the Homestead Inn is literally minutes from all the shops and restaurants in Blowing Rock. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BuddhasDad
Reviewed 25 June 2008

My wife and I stayed here 6/22 - 6/24, $89.00 plus tax per night, we have stayed in many motels in the past 5 years and this was one of the most cleanest places we have stayed at yet, our room #6, had a king bed that was very comfortable, a fireplace that we didnt use, an air conditioner that we did use and it worked very well, also it had a 25" Television and also a DVD player, small refrigerator, microwave, single person jacuzzi tub, phone and was plenty big enough for 2 people, all the rooms are non smoking. When we arrived the nice lady at the office let us see 2 differnet rooms that we had the choice of, the rooms were not musty smelling at all, the inn grounds were beautiful with flowers everywhere and there were even some big tomato bushes there also, to sum it all up, it was a great room with a great price for the area, was walking distance to just about eveything in Blowing Rock and evryone was just as nice as they could be, we will be returning here again and would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank terrynnc
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Stayed two nights at Homestead Inn. Good experience. Nice owners. Room was spotless although a little smallish for a queen. It is and older "court style" motel that has been lovingly updated. This was probably the cleanest motel room we have ever stayed in...not shabby or worn. Comfortable bed. Pillows a little flat for me (I always say the next time I'll bring my own). Thoughtful owners and reasonable rates for the area. Well recommended.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple