“Fall Leaves Trip”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located just minutes South of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 321 Bypass in Blowing Rock, NC, Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant specializes in North Carolina Barbeque Pork and Ribs, great food, nightly entertainment and catering. Our Restaurant’s Menu features barbeque beef, pork, chicken and ribs plus home style Mexican food. Family oriented with a rustic atmosphere. We cater to bus tours. Dine In - Take out - Catering Service Woodlands Barbeque Restaurant is one of North Carolina’s best Barbeque Restaurants. Our Menu features barbecue beef, pork, chicken and ribs. Home style Mexican food. Plus large selection of everyone’s favorite appetizers, sandwiches and desserts. Live nightly entertainment. Dine and listen to some of the best local musicians. Bar Lounge has all ABC permits and a wide screen TV. Our Catering specializes in Barbecue and Pig-Pickin’s for parties large and small. The catering staff arrives with your main course still smoking over hot hickory coals. Then your pork is chopped just minutes before serving it to your guests along with all the fixin’s.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We brought some of our church members here for a fall leaves trip. The service was good and everyone was friendly. Very busy during lunch on a Saturday. My chicken was great and so were the sides. They bring you a lot of food. My husband was disappointed in his sliced brisket. A little dry and tough. I tasted it and it was not as good as I had expected it to be.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Husband had whole hog and I had ribs and chicken. Tons of food! Sauce was a little on the sour side and was not typical N.C. bbq, which is what we expected. Beef was chopped not brisket, pork too..not pulled. Fries were average, beans too. Hush puppies were really good. The bbq chicken was maybe the best of the lot. Ribs were decent but prefer dry rub...these were really wet. It was a decent meal and lots leftover, but we have had better bbq in N.C.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Long time fan of Woodlands before and after the fire. However my last visit was not up to par, but we decided to try them again - this time at lunch.

Sat upstairs on a Monday at lunch - 1/2 full at noon. Service was so so. Chopped pork plate was greasy with some fat and gristle. The "side" of slaw could fit in a tablespoon, and the fries were limp. My wife's meal was no better. The unsweet tea was really good (wish oh wish I could have sweet tea!).

Even when checking out and paying my tab - barely an acknowledgemnt of my presence, much less - how was everything and thank you for coming.

Don't see much reason to return and that is very disappointing to me...

Reviewed 5 November 2018

We got sliced brisket, chopped pork BBQ, sides of mac&cheese, beans, fries and slaw.
Start with the good; the pork had a nice smoky flavor, no fat or gristle. It was slightly on the dry side, though.
Slaw was good.
Mac& Cheese was pretty tasty.
The sliced brisket looked like it was tossed several feet to the plate; not a good first impression. If I did not know what I had ordered, I would not be able to identify what was on the plate. The taste may have been good, but it was covered with a very spicy sauce. I do like mildly spicy food, but this was way too spicy for me. After the first bite, the overwhelming spice killed the taste for the rest.
Beans were over spicy as well, to the point that they were inedible.
Fries had obviously been sitting out for a while, they were tough, warm, and soggy.
Corn on the cob tasted like frozen stuff. My piece was palatable, although it also had been sitting around for a while. The corn on the other plate was cold.
Food was brought to the table, and we never saw the waiter again.
All in all, if you are a fan of very spicy food, this place may be great for you. For us, however, we will not be returning.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We were one of the first three tables seated today and you would think the food would have been fresh. However the food appeared to be from the previous night and reheated. The ribs, brisket and slides pork were very dry and way over cooked. I have eaten here for years and enjoyed the food but this is not the same quality that I expected.

Date of visit: November 2018