“Family ski trip”

Appalachian Ski Mountain
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My family absolutely loves this place! We have been coming since the kids were 2. The mountain is perfect for kids and just enough to keep the adults entertained too. It is a quick trip from Charlotte and very affordable. The lodge is older but very cozy and the food is always fantastic!

1  Thank TegaCay

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I you have young kids that you want to learn to ski this is the place. They have a great ski school. Mt is very small but it does not get near the crowds of the other big two.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

this place is staffed by burn-outs who are only there to collect a check. they definitely don't want to be there and it shows. this place is poorly organized - rent your skis on one side of the lodge and then walk to the opposite side to get the goggles. can take up to an hour to get all your gear. the slopes themselves are lame and overcrowded. come excited and leave dissapointed, maybe even a little angry. what a joke!

5  Thank hapathy
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We planned a family vacation to the Appalachian Ski Mountain resort which young children. The Ski Mountain in itself was enjoyable and our children liked it. However we rented the Snowbird Cabin and it has been the worst experience ever. The cabin had the following issues:

Extremely filthy stained rug
Smelly restrooms
Broken outside door, we could not go out easily as it was about to fall on us (see picture attached) and it got worse and worse which our young children had a hard time to get through
Extremely filthy and rusty toaster which we could not use
Overall smelly poor maintained cabin

I sent an email which I had to send twice to be acknowledged, finally got a response from someone named Brian Moretz who's signature showed as President - Appalachian Ski Mountain. He responded that he would follow through and in summary that he has never had these complaints before which I find odd as the cabin had clear issues. This was back in early January 2017 and never heard back from him, to this date (April 2017), I have sent a few follow up emails and he has not even acknowledged them. Very terrible coming from the President and I would NEVER rent anything through this resort again. TERRIBLE experience which was supposed to be great considering I had family coming from abroad to Ski.

2  Thank EGQG
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The NC ski resorts took a beating this year due to the mild winter. I applaud Appalachian for keeping their resort open thru nearly the end of March; I made the short trip over from my place at another close by resort that had already closed for the season. We took advantage of skiing at Appalachian on the first day of spring. The slopes had a great base from all the snowmaking and the trails were well groomed! No lines made skiing awesome and plentiful trips down the slopes! Do keep this resort in mind next season!

I also would like to mention how pleasant the staff all were. This includes ticketing, snack bar, rentals, and gift shop! Everything was a pleasure that day! Thank you!