“Lunch”

Savannah's Oyster House
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great restaurant. On side street. Would return ! Great Bloody Mary and seafood. Very friendly bartender

Reviewed 5 November 2017

My wife and friends, six in total, visited Blowing Rock, NC to see the fall foliage. However, we were greeted with a foggy, rainy day. It was still good day to stroll around town. We saw Savannah's Oyster House, and that seemed like a good idea to us. I went and asked if they could seat 6, and was assured they could. When we all got there, one of the owners, Chris, informed us the steamer was down, and it would be about 30 minutes. We said, no problem, and my friends got a beer and we waited. In a little less than the 30 minutes, we were seated upstairs.
The decor is casual, with booths and picnic style tables. We were greeted quickly by Danelle (I believe was her name) who took our drink and appetizer orders. The appetizers came soon enough. The Bang Bang Shrimp was very good, and my friend enjoyed his clam chowder. My house made chips were so so. Our orders didn't take long to arrive, and the meals were all enjoyed. The ladies all got the Steamed Snow Crab Pots, and they all commented on the freshness, taste and size of the crabs. The pot comes with corn on the cob and potatoes. The corn was sweet and good. One friend got the salmon catch and the other had the fish and chips. I had the fried oysters. Everyone enjoyed their meals, and we had some dessert, the Key Lime Pie was good, the pecan pie was well enjoyed.
The service was good and attentive, the food pretty good, and the owner/manager, Chris was nice and paid us attention. The visit here today made our trip to Blowing Rock a great day despite the rain and fog.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped off in Blowing Rock after a Moutaineer win to grab a beer and some food. Had a great time and a great meal here. We walked downtown to check out choices and wait times and we are glad we chose this place. Turns out you can get seafood in the mountains

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants in town! Their seafood is always on point and the service is fast and friendly. I appreciate that they take Togo orders even on busy Saturdays. Everything on the menu is good but my favorites are the crab cakes, calamari, and black and blue burger. I just wish the fried green tomato blt was still on the menu. Lol

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had a delicious lunch here twice in a 4 day visit. Heavy on the fish.....fresh fish. She crab soup...best I have ever had....seriously. And the smoke trout dip....DELICIOUS....so good we had to take some home to SC. Will definitely return next time we are visiting Blowing Rock.