“Try the Bento Box”

Saki Sushi Japanese Cuisine
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 April 2017

We're not particularly connoisseurs of Japanese restaurants – there are not many in our small hometown area. But relatives, who lived most of their lives in Japan, listed this is as the place to have lunch – and now we know why.

EVERYTHING we had was delicious. Our relatives recommended getting a Bento Box, a traditional Japanese option with separate compartments for various elements of the meal.

My wife had the salmon (which I got to taste), I had beef. Both very good.

As it turned out, we had opportunity to tell someone at the hotel who was going there that night, and he also had good experience.

It's a little off the "beaten path" from downtown Black Mountain, but not far, and worth the short drive.

1  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The sushi is best I've had in any non-coastal location! I'm not a fan of ginger salad dressing, but I enjoy it at this restaurant. Bento boxes are a good value and the ramen noodles are delicious with fresh vegetables. Prices are reasonable and food presentation is lovely. Worth a try.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I look for sushi when traveling so decided to give this a try. Was not very busy but I cannot understand why. The sushi was awesome. The smoked salmon roll had a huge amount of fish where most places you are lucky to get a little sliver. Seemed fresh and service was way fast.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have only eaten here once for dinner. I ordered the fried rice and it was a generous helping and tasty. My friend ordered sushi and he said it was fresh and delicious. Service was gracious.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in Black Mountain/Asheville visiting a friend. Based on Trip Advisor recommendations we decided to try Saki Sushi. We were (mostly) not disappointed. He had the tempura mussels which were crunchy and flavorful. I had the dinner bento box.

I the dinner bento box comes with a California roll but when i asked if i could substitute another roll that was no problem. I was told there would be a $1 charge.The yellowtail was delicious and more than worth the upcharge. The shrimp tempura was excellent,some of the best I've had. The only dish I liked less was shrimp with a gooey sauce. The shrimp were cooked just right but I would have preferred a different sauce. My husband's spicy shrimp dish had a similar textured sauce but he enjoyed the flavors.