“Just average. ”
Review of The Trailhead

The Trailhead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Great local beers on tap and good selection of health conscious food.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Tried The Trailhead for the first time tonight. Nothing really special about this place. Food was good but inconsistent. Burger could have used some seasoning. We all ordered burgers cooked medium (4 of us). It ranged from medium rare to well. They tasted good but no wow. The onion rings were really good and the fries were great. There was a live French Creole band playing that had good and bad moments. Good when they just played and bad when they sang. Service was sporadic. Apparently our server didn’t “usually” serve our section so we were ignored at times. Overall, The Trailhead is just average or as my 16 yo daughter put it, “Nothing to write home about”.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Staying in W Asheville but drove to Black Mountain for the day. I had the Blackened Tuna tacos with goat cheese and they were delicious!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Really enjoyed my seared tuna tacos. Nice, open atmosphere. A good place to unwind after hiking in the WNC mountains.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Read a TA review about someone at the local hardware store recommending Trailhead so my wife and I stopped there for lunch today when in Black Mountain. Cool casual vibe and really good food. I got the pork tacos and my wife got a salad and a cup of chili. We both had a Sierra Nevada Belgium blond. Everything delicious. Service was fast and friendly. Evidently lots of choices in this town but I highly recommend The Trailhead!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a get together for lunch at The Trailhead. The service was good for our table ot 10 and the menu offered a good variety of items. I had the Jamaican chicken sandwich. It was tender and spicy. I look forward to another lunch in Black Mountain and an opportunity to try another menu item.