“Great little mountain getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
welcome to paradise part of the view from our porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
welcome to paradise
part of the view from our porch
enjoy the mountains from anywhere in the house
plenty of room to stretch out and relax
spacious open beam ceilings
enjoy a romantic evening by the fire
ready for a cozy night's sleep
wake up each morning with this beautiful view
roomy, open kitchen to fix breakfast or dinner
Our bathroom
vanity area
the lower deck
wintertime view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 42 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Griffin C...
“Great little mountain getaway”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Cabin in the Clouds on a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy Black Mtn and Asheville. The Cabin was a great addition to our weekend! Super cute, very clean and comfortable with a great deck and awesome views of the valley below. It even snowed 4 inches on our last night and made everything extra beautiful! Very easy to get down to Black Mountain to enjoy the town. We ate at Berliner Kindl, the German restaurant in town, and loved it. We definitely recommend this cabin. The only negative thing is that there is only one small parking place right on the road, which was somewhat challenging with our truck...you have to get pretty close to the fence to get out of the road. That was certainly manageable for the great stay we had there!

Walter Ca...
“Somewhat Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend and always wanted to go to Black Mountain. We booked this cabin based on the past reviews and the location, especially the view which was wonderful. What we didn't expect was to have to purchase light bulbs to replace the burnt out or missing bulbs (one was for the front door, can't see the keypad without it). Or buy air fresheners to help to cover the musty smells. We drew the line at cleaning the spiderwebs that were in the kitchen or sweeping up the dead ladybugs which covered the floor in the living room. And we suggest you bring your own toilet paper as the single ply that was there just didn't cut it. Now having said these things, it was evident that the owners were trying to improve the cabin but maybe they could follow up with the property management company to present a better first impression. I will say that the fireplace was great as was the furniture and bed. The night time views were fantastic as well.

Management Response
10 Mar 2017
We've talked with the cleaning company to get these issues resolved and contacted the guest to reimburse them for their inconvenience.
jefffC444...
“I really enjoyed my stay! Great views, great little house.”
Reviewed 3 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

The cabin is well situated to look out over the valley below. The house is cozy and well equipped. The pictures on Trip Adviser don't do it justice.

With WiFi (wait until you've watched the sunset over the mountains to use it, I mean COME ON! You're on VACATION) Cable, and nice chairs on the balcony you will not be wanting for "things to do."

Speaking of things to do, the town of Black Mountain is wonderful. Though I was only there for one night, I very much enjoyed the German restaurant Berliner Kindl. The food was very good and the staff friendly. This is not the old school "mountain food" I had when I was a kid back in the '70s. When I go back I intend to hit some of the other eateries.

One person in the guest book said there was a ghost. All I heard was a very fat gray squirrel that thundered across the roof mid-afternoon.

Unless you want to meet your neighbors, I advise you to square away your parking and get as close as you can to the fence. The fellow I met was nice, I moved my car over and made sure that I maintained that and never saw him again.

I like that you can do one night stays. So many of the places around Asheville require a two night minimum and with my home situation, that is practically impossible. With that said, I hope to come back for a longer visit.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
SimoneS68...
“Family Christmas getaway”
Reviewed 29 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We had a lovely time! The cabin is so cozy and inviting! The view is amazing! We will definitely come back:-)

Management Response
1 Jan 2017
thank you for the kind words. glad you had a fun Christmas.
Gdbrodie
“Perfect!!!!”
Reviewed 13 December 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights in October for our 40th Anniversary. We absolutely loved it! The home has everything you could possibly need. The views are amazing!!! The lovely town of Black Mountain is just a short drive away. We will definitely be back!!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing