“Great Thai food in a little mountain town-go figure.”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Have not eaten as a dinner, but have had carry out many times and I have never been disappointed. I love Pad thai , but I thought how could you get great Thai food in this little town so didn't try it until I had lived here for a year. Boy was that a mistake. Since trying this little place I now make it a weekly stop for some Pad Thai or other similar. There hours are a little strange, they are open for lunch then they close from 3-5 and then start serving dinner.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

My husband and I both ordered a vegetable stir fry at Thai Basil and it was very good. The service was very slow the night we came (peak foliage season in October), but the prices were reasonable and the food tasty and healthy.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Ive been waiting to try this place for years, so tonight I took my chances. We ordered Pad Thai and Massaman Curry with chicken. Completely tasteless. I see other reviewers saying "subtle taste". How about no taste at all. The strange thing was the curry was thick and hearty. The Pad Thai was cooked with what appeared to be fresh vegetables. I don't understand how such good looking food with such a hearty texture can be so
tasteless. Drive on to Asheville!!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Great value for the money! Carefully prepared Thai food is gentle on your palate at this restaurant. You can ask that your food is prepared with less hot spice and add spice as you like. The blend of Thai spices comes through in the dishes wonderfully. Chicken satay apetizer is best we'd had yet. You choose what ingredients go into your individually cooked dish (tofu, chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, etc.).

Reviewed 8 September 2016

VERY good Thai food. VERY good service. We ate outside in the bricked-in patio, right next to the Elephant King fountain with the ceramic frog watching our every move. What a delightful visit!