“Not sure how to rate a fish camp”
Review of Catfish Cove

Catfish Cove
Ranked #26 of 63 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Catfish Cove is the top rated Fish Camp in the area so we came. I have always avoided Catfish, but I thought here is the place to try it. It came fried, was greasy and lacked flavor.I found out what Catfish was like. Can't blame the restaurant. My wife had a deviled crab which was deep fried, contained no crab as it was all filler. Management explained it was prepackaged and not homemade. She returned it and they did not charge us for it.

The restaurant is popular as evidenced by it being full on a Friday night. The locals like it. So how do I reconcile my tastes versus the locals support? I guess I am writing the review for non locals touring the area. Trip Advisor requires a rating, so to be fair I rate it neutral.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

For those of us used to a different setting, get ready for a bit of history. This place has a long outstanding reputation with the community. It reminds me of going to camp, and having dinner. Old linoleum flooring (but clearly well kept), paint is blue and white. Salad bar, and the table you are seated at is a plastic fold up table, with all your menus and condiments at the end of the table. Truly, a first fish camp experience for me. As it was a Thursday night, we expected it to be a little slow, but we walked in and more than half of the restaurant had been seated. Wow! Our hostess even said it was a busy night for them. We quickly ordered and then went to the salad bar. Easy to maneuver, everything was fresh and the bar was super clean. When our food came, my husband ordered the mahi mahi, and I ordered broiled shrimp. My husband was very pleased with his plate, and cleared it (always a good sign). Mine was interesting. It had a good flavor, just a bit cold. Broiled, I would have expected it to show some brown ends, but it didn't. The seasoning was added after not when it went onto the broiler. The one thing that was piping hot was my baked potato. Overall, it was good, and very family friendly. Our hostess also mentioned that they do a lovely Sunday brunch style lunch (11-3pm) on Sundays only, and regularly seat 400-700 on a given Sunday. So we'll go back to enjoy that experience. Definitely something we'll keep in our restaurant picks for an old school experience. Thanks Catfish Cove.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

On Sundays there is an all you can eat buffet,with fish,chicken,meatloaf,pork chops etc and all the trimmings.During the week all you can eat salad bar with your meal.The fish here are cooked to perfection,the staff are quite frequently checking to see if you need anything and before you have drank no more than half of your drink they are filling it up.Price for 2 adults average approx.16-30 dollars depending on your order and size.Unless you are really hungry you'll need a takeout box

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Aw it was ok...once church let out it got busy. Senior price was like $8. Good value. Food offering was good at best . On Sunday not a piece of fish on the premise or on the buffet. I thought that to be rather pechant being called Catfish Cove. In any case food was fine just like the old fashion fish camps of yesteryear without the fish ( on Sunday)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We visited Catfish Cove for dinner last night with a bus of friends out to see the Christmas lights. Plans were arranged in advanced for us to be there at 4:45 and the doors were locked. It took about 10 minutes to get someone to open the doors for us. The salad bar was not ready. We waited an additional 10 minutes once seated to get drink orders placed. The perch was very good. The salad bar not so great the lettuce could have been colder. The coleslaw is made with pickle relish which I am not a fan of.

Been to Catfish Cove? Share your experiences!