“Very good pulled pork”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I would have like one of the daily fresh fish/seafood offerings, but they're all deep-fried so I tried the pulled pork. Got a generous portion with slaw side and mac and cheese sides, and hush puppies. The hot sauce was tasty. Down the middle casual, but just what we needed.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Went to Roland's tonight, the food was delicious. Enjoyed it immensely and had a wonderful time talking and joking with the owner. Thanks for a great visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I had lunch here a few weeks ago and the food was delicious. The place was clean and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Needed something to carry back to the lodge for supper. BBQ, Mac and cheese. All were good was told shrimp and chicken were too.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I tried this place for lunch, and from the moment you walk in, it feels like a friendly and home style eatery, with locals enjoying their food. You order cafeteria style and to my eyes the display of food looked a bit messy when we were there. My girlfriend got fried chicken, mashed potatoes and collard greens,and she raved about the chicken and greens in particular. I tasted them and agreed they were excellent. My order was a mixed bag, however. I got a fish sandwich, and although I asked for no slaw in it, I got it anyway, even though I had slaw on the side, which was pretty good. The fries were good, but my fish was kind of tough, and the bun was soggy. It was not very tasty, at least to me. I will add, however, that the desserts here were both good. My gal had banana pudding, and loved it, and I tasted it, although I don't care for that sort of thing, but it tasted pretty good to me, too. We argued as to whether there was any coconut in it--I thought I could taste and feel shreds of it, she said no way. Later I decided to get the pecan pie,and the owner added some whipped cream on it just to be nice. The pie and whipped cream was homemade and yummy. I would go back,there, but I'd get the chicken, not the fish. And I would definitely have dessert!