“More Sports Bar is my take on this place.”

Nick's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #15 of 50 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We had lunch here on Oct. 21st, and it was very busy. So busy that they were backed up for 30 minutes to get food out. Service was not great because the ladies were worked to death. Bottom line it all worked out okay and the food was good, but they just weren't in good shape for the crowds today. I can't fault the ladies running taking orders, running food and trying to keep drinks filled up. They did their best....but it only comes to average for me because of the slow service. This place is really more of a bar type place, with TV's all around. Sports Pub would be more like it. In the mood for wings or burgers, watch the game? Good choice I would think.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Nicks is a great local resturant that serves a variety of good food. Their salads are very good and always use fresh ingredients. The soup menu is also very good. We go to Nicks at least once a week and sit outside with our dog. She enjoys it too!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Our go-to place for an easy meal. Chili is a specialty. Really good on cold evenings. Nice selection of sandwiches, soups salads, and other dishes. Fish and chips is very good. Beer and wine selection is good. Friendly staff. Probably a big spot for ski people in the winter.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for a post hike dinner..the inside is not fancy and at first I was skeptical, but we were quickly win over. Local flavor, nice servers and the French Dip was the best thing we had all weekend.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Dog friendly on the patio outside. Got a surprising amount of food for the price, and it tasted good. I got the egg salad sandwich with tomato soup and my sister got a chicken quesadilla.
My main complaint is that the service was slow (it was pretty busy and they seemed understaffed), especially with being on the patio. I had to go to the bar and notify someone that we were outside and needed menus before our meal, and also at the end when we needed our check.
There were fans overhead, and the waitress said they couldn't turn ours off (something about the cord being broken). Not a huge deal, but it was ~50 degrees outside, so the extra breeze made us chilly.
We also had the misfortune of being outside with a good sized group of people that were loud and chain smoking the entire time. Obviously this wasn't directly the restaurant's fault, more so just bad luck.