“Great chili”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Our go-to place for an easy meal. Chili is a specialty. Really good on cold evenings. Nice selection of sandwiches, soups salads, and other dishes. Fish and chips is very good. Beer and wine selection is good. Friendly staff. Probably a big spot for ski people in the winter.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great place for a post hike dinner..the inside is not fancy and at first I was skeptical, but we were quickly win over. Local flavor, nice servers and the French Dip was the best thing we had all weekend.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Dog friendly on the patio outside. Got a surprising amount of food for the price, and it tasted good. I got the egg salad sandwich with tomato soup and my sister got a chicken quesadilla.
My main complaint is that the service was slow (it was pretty busy and they seemed understaffed), especially with being on the patio. I had to go to the bar and notify someone that we were outside and needed menus before our meal, and also at the end when we needed our check.
There were fans overhead, and the waitress said they couldn't turn ours off (something about the cord being broken). Not a huge deal, but it was ~50 degrees outside, so the extra breeze made us chilly.
We also had the misfortune of being outside with a good sized group of people that were loud and chain smoking the entire time. Obviously this wasn't directly the restaurant's fault, more so just bad luck.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We stopped here for an early dinner after a challenging hike at Grandfather Mountain. The food and service were really good. I ordered the Coconut Fried Shrimp plate with potato skins and a side salad, plus it came with a piece of garlic toast. Everything was good -- the shrimp was nice and crunchy and the skins were tasty and didn't need much sour cream to be flavorable. Everyone at the table really enjoyed their food. There is plenty of parking and seating for larger groups in the back. When you enter the front door, you seat yourself and waitress will follow. They have a good variety of choices on the menu: burgers, seafood, sandwiches, salads, soups, quesadillas, and desert plus they serve alcohol. The next time I am in Banner Elk I plan to stop here again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Nick's is what you expect when you walk in. Dark, not super clean looking... but clean enough. Kinda run down looking. But, the food works if you just want to eat and aren't being picky. I say that not to be mean, but it just isn't anything special. Fried stuff, burgers, etc. I would go back if someone invited me but I don't know that I will seek it out. Service here was decent. Friendly and happy. That's always nice!