All reviewscarriage housesalt water poolthe main housebethel woodsb bsloft bedroombucolic settinglong drivewayfamily historyenjoyed our staysullivan countystone wall acresglennconcertantiqueshostsproperty
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We just have to keep returning to Stone Wall Acres every time we visit the Catskills because Glenn's hospitality, cooking, decor, knowledge of the area and the absolutely fantastic setting are like a balm. If you want peace and quiet and especially if you also like antiques, you will really enjoy Stone Wall Acres. If you're making a visit to nearby Bethel Woods (site of Woodstock) as we did on one of our trips, you are in for a real treat.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This place is just as described in it's website, but even better! It is reasonably-priced, private, and comfortably and attractively furnished, as are the acres and acres of grounds! The proprietor-owner is super attentive to your needs. His daily breakfasts are delicious and large and healthy. There's even an in-ground swimming pool, patio and grill included! Even a working piano. This place is just very very wonderful, and we can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: The free wifi works better in the Main House room ; not as well in the Carriage House one.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goodgirl4444
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I stayed at Stone Wall Acres several times over this past summer while working in Bethel, New York. Glen and Sue, your hosts are probably two of the most wonderful people on the planet! They made me feel so comfortable and their accommodations are a reflection of their warmth and charm. This bed and breakfast is gorgeous and one of a kind. The breakfast is homemade and so delicious! I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We recently spent two wonderful nights at Stone Wall Acres. My husband, daughter and I stayed in the carriage house, and my sister and brother-in-law stayed in the farm house. There are only the two accommodations and so we felt we had the entire place to ourselves and loved the privacy. I can honestly say this was one of our more memorable experiences in hospitality and graciousness. The accommodations were exceptional; spotless, homey and comfortable. Ten acres of peaceful and beautifully maintained property - Glenn was on his tractor when we arrived. Glenn and Sue are wonderful, friendly and generous hosts. Glenn is fifth generation in the area, something he is very proud of as he should be. He has collected bits and pieces from these past generations and incorporated them into the property: his great uncle's wrought iron gates in the yard, his aunt's lamps in the carriage house, windows from another relative, etc, etc. How special to live and be so surrounded by your family history! The attention paid to us was above and beyond. Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful - waffles, pancakes, eggs, fresh fruit, jams, homemade lemon-poppy bread and never ending, freshly ground and brewed coffee! We were treated like friends and left feeling like we did make new friends. Sad to leave with hugs goodbye and promises that we'll be back again. Stay here with absolute confidence and spend some time talking with them. This place is an absolute gem.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Stone Wall Acre for 2 nights early this summer. I can’t say enough nice things about our stay. We were charmed by the homey nicely decorated carriage house, and I enjoyed bird watching on the small back porch. Almost any toiletry that you might have forgotten was there. And the little comestible nook had a very generous assortment of snacks.

The grounds are beautifully taken care of and the salt pool provides a delightful respite from sticky East Coast summer weather.

Glen is extremely knowledgeable about the area and can provide suggestions if you are interested in exploring the foothills of the Catskills. His breakfasts were a true pleasure, suggestive of coming from a culinarily trained person rather than a retired educator.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple