All reviewscarriage housesalt water poolthe main housebethel woodsb bsloft bedroombucolic settinglong drivewayfamily historyenjoyed our staysullivan countystone wall acresglennconcertantiqueshostsproperty
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I stayed at Stone Wall Acres several times over this past summer while working in Bethel, New York. Glen and Sue, your hosts are probably two of the most wonderful people on the planet! They made me feel so comfortable and their accommodations are a reflection of their warmth and charm. This bed and breakfast is gorgeous and one of a kind. The breakfast is homemade and so delicious! I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We recently spent two wonderful nights at Stone Wall Acres. My husband, daughter and I stayed in the carriage house, and my sister and brother-in-law stayed in the farm house. There are only the two accommodations and so we felt we had the entire place to ourselves and loved the privacy. I can honestly say this was one of our more memorable experiences in hospitality and graciousness. The accommodations were exceptional; spotless, homey and comfortable. Ten acres of peaceful and beautifully maintained property - Glenn was on his tractor when we arrived. Glenn and Sue are wonderful, friendly and generous hosts. Glenn is fifth generation in the area, something he is very proud of as he should be. He has collected bits and pieces from these past generations and incorporated them into the property: his great uncle's wrought iron gates in the yard, his aunt's lamps in the carriage house, windows from another relative, etc, etc. How special to live and be so surrounded by your family history! The attention paid to us was above and beyond. Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful - waffles, pancakes, eggs, fresh fruit, jams, homemade lemon-poppy bread and never ending, freshly ground and brewed coffee! We were treated like friends and left feeling like we did make new friends. Sad to leave with hugs goodbye and promises that we'll be back again. Stay here with absolute confidence and spend some time talking with them. This place is an absolute gem.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed at Stone Wall Acre for 2 nights early this summer. I can’t say enough nice things about our stay. We were charmed by the homey nicely decorated carriage house, and I enjoyed bird watching on the small back porch. Almost any toiletry that you might have forgotten was there. And the little comestible nook had a very generous assortment of snacks.

The grounds are beautifully taken care of and the salt pool provides a delightful respite from sticky East Coast summer weather.

Glen is extremely knowledgeable about the area and can provide suggestions if you are interested in exploring the foothills of the Catskills. His breakfasts were a true pleasure, suggestive of coming from a culinarily trained person rather than a retired educator.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We spent one night at Glenn's B&B and stayed in the master en suite in the farmhouse. Very comfortable and cozy room with all of the amenities you would expect. Glenn was very welcoming and down to earth and we enjoyed talking to him and to his friend (sorry, her name escapes me), we learned so much about the history of the area. We also met a very nice couple from NYC staying in the carriage house. We looked in to that room before leaving and it is a very nicely-furnished suite and very roomy.
Highly recommend Glenn's place for a stay whether in the area for a concert, antiquing, or enjoying the natural beauty of the area. This will be our choice on future visits.

Room Tip: The en suite is fine for a shorter stay, the carriage house is more private and roomier and has a balcony facing the woods.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016

The cabin was absolutely stunning, private, beautiful and peaceful. We went up during the middle of winter and oh my was it gorgeous! The huge icicles on the house... the untouched snow outside, and the crackling fire. I am from Southern California, so never have seen anything like it. Glen was a fabulous host and made us feel right at home. This is a "must stay" for anyone visiting the upstate New York area. :-)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple