Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
USD 215
USD 144
USD 115
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 130/night.

USD 164
USD 148
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 164/night.

USD 186
USD 136
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suiteliving areastayed two nightsnyc arearoom amenitiesan extended stayhome away from homecomfortable bedbusiness parkbreakfast buffet isthe hotel offerswafflesnice amenitieswithin a mile radiushotel shuttledobbs ferry
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I travelled with my 4 and 6 year old and stayed for one night before our cruise. After driving for 7 hours we were looking towards to a nice relaxing evening at a family oriented establishment as described in so many reviews on trip advisor. Oh boy! nothing could be further away from the truth. We were given a room on the 4th floor between a large group of teenage boys who were there to have the party of their life without any supervision. They were running from room to room yelling, slamming doors and drinking. Finally at 1 am I came out of my room to confront them and they acted like I did not exist. I called the front desk and had to threaten to call the police if this continued. Nothing was done and it continued until 4am. So if you are looking for a wild party and have a hotel manager who is either deaf or just goes not care then this is the place for you. Good luck!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ales d
Andra C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

We appreciate you taking time to share your concerns with us. On behalf of my entire team, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you and your children encountered during your visit to our property; the situation you’ve described is both out of the ordinary and unacceptable and certainly isn’t representative of the type of experience we want our guests to have when they choose to stay with us. While we always do our best to address concerns as they arise, it’s regrettable to hear that you don’t feel like we satisfactorily rectified this specific situation. We truly hope you’ll consider giving us another opportunity in the future as we’re confident we can live up to the expectations and provide you with the family oriented establishment you had hoped for. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I stay on the road quite often. I've been in the good, bad and ugly!
This is the best yet.
I can see the name "Residence" because you could live full time in this place.
Large room/suite, full kitchen, comfortable bed, nice living area, great bath area and complementary breakfast. Throw in a Lazy Boy and I'm there.
It's a place where you wish you could stay longer.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Andra C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we’re absolutely thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. As you learned, we all work extremely hard to create a warm and welcoming environment for our guests so that they feel like they are at home when they visit. We hope you left us feeling well rested and relaxed, and that you’ll make us your go-to destination in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This was the worst stay at ANY Marriott property in over 25 years of brand loyalty! I am a Gold Elite Member and I certainly did NOT feel as though my patronage was important.

First: The website for the Yonkers Residence Inn stated Check In was at 3:00 pm. I reserved 2 rooms beginning December 26, 2017 for two nights. 1 room was available at 3:00 and the other room was not available for check in - however Krystie activated the Room Key so that it appeared as though I was able to check in prior to 3 pm. I was not able to access my room until 4:10 pm - UNACCEPTABLE.

Second: Upon check in, we were informed that both the pool and the gym areas were not available as they were being renovated. This renovation should have been noted on the website so that guests would not only be informed, but prepared that these services were not available.

Third: The next day (Wednesday, December 27th) I called down to the Front Desk. I requested a Shuttle pick up approximately 1 hour preceding my pick up time. I indicated that we needed to catch a train at a certain time. The Front Desk asked if the Shuttle could pick us up 5 minutes later than requested - I told her that was no problem as I had allowed extra time to wait for the train. My party and I went to the Lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up time. Once the pick up time came and went - I asked the Front Desk Staff what was going on - they indicated that the Shuttle would arrive "any minute." 20 minutes later, the Shuttle arrived but the Driver said he had to make another stop first so we were going to miss our train. We then scheduled for the next pick up so catch another train. Staff said the Shuttle would "absolutely" be on time (we were told that we did not need to call for an Uber) - they weren't. The staff member told me she "forgot" our original time request SO 1 1/2 hours later we finally got the Shuttle - however we missed our reservations for a show thereby rendering our tickets valueless. $90 plus fees.

Fourth: Upon returning to the Hotel later that same evening, a member in our Party went to use the silverware provided for the room. He said he had to hand wash ALL of the silverware as it was not clean. DISGUSTING!

Fifth: The next day - at approximately 7:15 am, we were woken up by a loud and continual banging noise. The noise seemed as if it was coming from the floor below - we were staying on the 4th floor. I called the Front Desk and was told that the noise was coming from the 2nd floor because they were doing renovations. AGAIN - we were NOT informed that our early morning wake up call would be provided via Jackhammer! UNACCEPTABLE!!

Sixth: The same morning I went to use the dishes in my room and ALL of the dishes had caked on food and grease. I immediately called down to the Front Office and spoke to a staff member. I asked her to have the Housekeeping Manager come up to my room. The Housekeeping Manager arrived and I showed her the dishes, silverware, and mixing bowls - she was shocked and she agreed that the dishes and utensils were NOT clean. I then showed her 2 lamps in the room that had the shades bent and broken- as if there had been a major party before we checked in. We also showed her the rug that had not been vacuumed and the front of the dishwasher and refrigerator that looked as if they had been cleaned with a greasy towel.

I have taken pictures of ALL of the dirty dishes and utensils, bent lampshades, filthy appliances, dirty rug, and torn up furniture.

We were upset with all of the hassles, but the final straw was the FILTH both rooms had. How absolutely disgusting and unprofessional. In fact, the Housekeeping Manager said that if the rooms had a surprise inspection they would receive a score of 0.

I used points for these rooms in addition to a certificate earned by subscribing to the Marriott Credit Card. Had I known the condition of this hotel I would have NEVER booked. Shame on Marriott - you seem to be going downhill quickly!

Room Tip: Until the renovations are complete and the place is sanitized - I look at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gwyn A
Andra C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hi, Gwyn. As a loyal guest for many years, we can truly understand your disappointment with your recent experience at our property. It definitely seems like we missed the mark in many critical areas during your stay, and we deeply apologize for the inconveniences this caused you and your family. Your feedback is taken very seriously and has been shared with my entire team to ensure we are upholding the high standards we are so often known for, and that you have grown to expect from our brand. We truly hope you’ll consider giving us another opportunity to win back your trust in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very comfortable, clean and has a helpful, friendly staff. We stayed two nights over Thanksgiving while visiting family and were very pleased. The bed was comfortable and the suite nice. Breakfast was the typical “make your own” but satisfactory.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Andra C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hi, Sandy. We appreciate your feedback and we’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving stay with us. We're also thrilled that you liked your accommodations so much, and hope you’ll make us your go-to destination whenever visiting family in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This was our second stay at this hotel while visiting family in the area. We asked for a quiet room and that the cleaning staff not use harsh scented cleaning products before our arrival. We were told a room was blocked for us, but then it was released before we arrived at around 6 p.m, a few hours after check in. So the room we received was both noisy and smelly with chemicals. After the first two nights with migraines from the smell, I asked for a new room in a quiet location so I could sleep with the windows open all night & that it not be cleaned with scented chemicals. While waiting for the room off property, we were notified that the cleaning person decided to use a chemical scent bomb to rid the room of a smell described as body odor. Seriously, I am not making this up. They had no other room to move us to, so we had to check out. We ended up sleeping on an air mattress in our relatives living room.

I have stayed at several places where they were able to clean the place without reliance on harmful toxic chemicals that linger for not just hours but days. Consider that this is done day in and day out, and that shortcuts to cleaning a place, such as a scent bomb, the levels of toxicity intensify. This is particularly so where carpet is the primary flooring surface, because of its sponge-like character. We have stayed at hotels where they use air scrubbers instead of chemicals, and clean surfaces with vinegar and oxygen bleach, that is reportedly used in surgical suites to avoid toxic reactions. It is cheaper and less harmful to the environment, not to mention to the guests.

The staff is friendly here but do not seem to understand how toxicity impacts sensitive people. The breakfast was the typical mid-century fare--lots of simple gluten fare with a cheaper pork sausage. Although there was a sign that said to tell the kitchen staff if there were food allergies, they were unable to produce anything that was gluten free or not pork that morning. They did obtain turkey sausage the next day after my complaint that the only thing edible on their menu were the watery and tasteless scrambled eggs, which I suspect were not fresh but dehydrated. There are some good places to eat breakfast in nearby Hastings and Dobbs Ferry, so if you have time and inclination for good food, I would spend the time going to these small river towns that have other interesting stores and places to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic and not facing the Courtyard Marriott--both are noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JJ G
Andra C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

We appreciate the time you’ve taken to outline your concerns. On behalf of my entire staff, I want to apologize for the situation you encountered during your stay. From the details you’ve shared, it sounds like there was an unfortunate breakdown in communication on our end in regards to our ability to accommodate your needs. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this caused, and regret not being able to come up with a solution that worked for you. While all of the chemicals we use are the industry standard and safe, we understand that people have special needs and concerns, and it’s disappointing to know that we failed to meet yours. It’s also disappointing to know that our gluten-free options did not work out for you either. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and I will be looking further into the issues you’ve presented. Again, we deeply apologize and appreciate the loyalty you’ve shown us in the past. Thank you.