“Yum!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
El Balon
Reserve with OpenTable
El Balon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 377 Restaurants in Yonkers
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Food and drinks are delicious.
The mexican street corn is super yummy as well as their vegetarian cauliflower tacos.
Def. a place to check out and enjoy some yummy food.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Usually, when I ask what options on the menu can be made vegan (at a Mexican restaurant) It's not that hard to answer me, with a yes or no. When asked, the waiter went to the manager, who completely turned his back to us to speak to the waiter (the conversation looked like a scene from The Spy). The waiter came back with 2 options. Both involved taking the beans out of the dish to make it vegan. I asked if the beans were soaked in animal broth? He said no. I asked if they had bacon in it, he said no. So why remove them? He said shrugged his shoulders. As we left the manger, whose face I never saw because again, he turned away from us, was speaking to the hostess who looked at me as she answered him, "yes, they're leaving."
It's not unusual to find someone who doesn't know what vegan is, but a waitress at a restaurant or a worse than that, a manager is poor form.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

If you're a big fan of Mexican food this the place the homemade guacamole is the best and you have to see the way they serve it nice menu and a good listing of liquor

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The food was tasty yet a tad harmless, I like a little more kick in my Mexican cuisine. Food was a tad late in coming to our table but the owner or manager owned up to it even before we mentioned it to staff. Despite our insistence to the contrary, he did not charge us for the meal because of the delay. The great decor, ambience and proper menu base, added to the evident dedication of the staff, set this restaurant on the right track towards success.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We wanted to have a bite before the movie and for whatever reason we chose this mexican restaurant (we rarely have mexican food). Well, we definitely didn't regret it. Clean place, reasonable prices, very friendly and profesional servers and good food. We had shrimp tacos, chicken enchilladas and tres leches for desert. If we wouldn't be in a rush to catch the movie, we would reorder everything, that's how much we enjoyed it.