“Always a Treat ”

Mountain Gate Indian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 39 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have ordered take out from Mountain Gate ever since we moved to Woodstock 16 years ago. The food is ALWAYS exceptional. We have never been disappointed, and that's really saying something. We never eat in, as we find the interior of the place rather abysmal, but the food is better than any Indian we ever found in NYC. LOVE the lamb saag. Get it to go and enjoy!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Great prices, great food and atmosphere. Nice staff. Tuesday buffet is awesome. Lots of options for vegetarians and vegans.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I've been here a handful or two of times (more like two) over the past half decade. There are many more handfuls of visits to come. The food is absolutely excellent. Very spicy (if you're used to milder Indian), but absolutely excellent. I've ordered a variety of dishes over the years, and everything is great (except for the stuff with eggplant that's never seemed to work for me...) but the stuff without eggplant? I'm lovin' it. I usually get the vegetable curry. Seemingly simple, but once it gets in your mouth stuff goes down. Right there in your mouth. Yikes! Easily the best Indian I've ever had and I hope it's some of the best you'll have too.

--The inside of the place is really nice. Orders take longer than average but it's worth it if you're not in a hurry.--

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I haven't eaten here in over 10 years but I do remember it fondly. The food was good and it filled tired and weary souls who were out hiking all day long. However, our return was unfortunately not pleasant. Many reviews speak to poor service and I can say they are warranted. The staff is not very attentive especially noting only one other table was seated besides mine. They did seem to have a decent flow of take-out orders as well.

Food. The food they make is overall good quality though it takes a long time based on what I'm used to in Indian restaurants. One major snafu - I found a hair in the Nan. This is where the service was odd - they at first didn't seem to understand it was a problem and later still charged me for the bread (note I did ask for another to replace the problem one). I don't believe they are an unclean restaurant and am hopeful this was a one-off issue.

Their desert menu was also limited but my major concern was again with service - I hope they improve by being more attentive with their customers.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I enjoyed the vegetarian items on the menu. They taste authentic. There is a buffet once a week with many choices. Service, prices and food are good.

1  Thank oxoxoxox