“Very fresh sushi - upsalce decor for the area - nice cooked bento boxes at lunch”
Review of Moca Asian Bistro

Moca Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Moca Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Woodbury
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I go here frequently for lunch: either the sushi bento box, the kitchen bento box, or the indonesian seafood entree. The decor is nice when I eat in, and you can't beat the "brown rice" which is actually wild rice type thing - so delish. The bento boxes haev many choices at a reasonable price, and a discount for takeout if ordering on line.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

This restaurant has a very nice ambiance. The food is tasty and I wouldn't say I'd NEVER return but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. First, I will note that I don't hold Long Island restaurants to the standards that I would expect from Manhattan restaurants.. BUT...
We had a reservation and asked for a booth and were told no because it was reserved for a party of 6 and that is understandable, however, there were other empty booths. A couple entered about 5-10 mins later and were given a similar booth. It wasn't exactly packed and I didn't quite understand it but like many long island establishments, common sense and customer service just don't ever seem to be a priority. After that couple sat down, my mood was soured and I passed judgment on Moca - it didn't matter to me that our waitress was very nice and the bartender made a good drink... You just feel like they are trying to take advantage of the patron with their high priced menu or just dont care because they get well to do patrons. To me, the restaurant is mediocre. The food could be good but if you dont feel like you are valued as a patron, you just wont be willing to return. am I right?
What really gave me cause for concern is their take out/delivery incident. We ordered take out from here and in a dish that was supposed to be CHICKEN... turned out to be 3/4 tofu instead. Where is the chicken??? We all know how frustrating is it when you wait 40mins for delivery and are hungry and get TOFU instead of Chicken. That was very upsetting. What else can I say? Absolutely not a fan.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

The food was good and the service was decent. They certainly could have pushed the alcohol drinks on us to run up the tab, but they didnt. Price was fair for the area.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Such a nice restaurant . The waiters were very attentive. Lots to choose from on the menu. We had the sushi rolls. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Moca is an upscale sushi restaurant and very pretty inside. Definitely not the typical sushi restaurant you're used to on Long Island.
There's a beautiful bar when you walk in that is always very busy. People come to hang out and have drinks and some choose to eat at the bar.
If you're lucky enough to get there when it's not busy you can dine in one of their very roomy booths.
The service is always great at Moca no matter who is waiting on you. The wait staff are all highly professional and efficient.
The appetizers are all amazing! We usually get the tuna pizza, the white tower and the crispy rice topped with tuna.
For our main course we all order specialty rolls. We love the out of control roll and the volcano roll. They are definitely our 2 favorites. No matter what roll you order you will be happy with it. The fish is extremely fresh and the rolls are very large.
We love dining at Moca. They also deliver even at lunch time.