“More pretty good than very good - 3 1/2 stars from me”

Sage Bistro Moderne
Reserve with OpenTable
Sage Bistro Moderne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I do like Sage. Pretty reasonably priced and the food is pretty solid. I do think it used to be a little bit better though. Burgers used to be better, now too often over cooked and come to think of it, the prices have ticked up a bit. Definitely not kid friendly. No scene as it's a place for the geriatric set. That said, I think it's better for lunch. I dig the crepes etc.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

This was my first time here. I did not know what to expect. Sage is a pretty and modern looking bistro. Out server was attentive and accommodating. My friend had the seafood salad and it was plentiful. He enjoyed it. I had the octopus, while delicious the serving size was on the small side. It was served with hummus, a nice portion. I will be returning.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We came for dinner on a Saturday night with friends who live in the area and we were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. The staff was welcoming and friendly and the noise level was very manageable. The decor and ambiance were fine. However, the portions were small and the prices were too high for the average green salad, salmon, branzino, and side dishes we ordered. I can't complain about the food; it was OK, but I think there are plenty of other venues that can deliver this meal or better for less. Try it and see what you think.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We recently visited during Long Island restaurant week. A romantic and delicious meal was our treat. The service was impeccable and the selections were varied and delicious . It's deceiving as it's situated in a strip mall, but once inside you'll feel like you're in Manhattan . Worth a try , we loved it.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Eaten here many times. Good place to dine with couples. The bar is sleek and modern but a little small. It usually seems crowded because of the size. The bar crowd is lively and energetic- usually filled with 50 somethings. The wine list is good with many good by the glass choices. The food is always good quality and consistent. The duck al orange is excellent. The fish selections always good and the steak au poivre is good too. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We continue to return a few times a year.