“great restaurant”

Captain's Inn Point Lookout
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Windham
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I love having lunch or dinner there. I have never been disappointed in anything that was served to me there. They have great soups, and I love their some pork chops. The Captain comes around and speaks with you but he is never imposing. The food is good quality and affordable. The service is great too. I had a delicious Brandy Alexander drink there Saturday night. The view during dinner is spectacular

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Very enjoyable experience! The Captain (Wayne) will greet you and make you feel at home and Special. Bobbie aka (Roberta) is the bubbliest waitress ever meet. Love her!
She also makes a great signature Martini with a sugary rim. Yum! The View is spectacular, and if you go on a Monday night Chef will make you a prime Rib special for $19.99. Great Deal. In the summer there's an outside deck, in the winter relax by the fire and have a cocktail or sit at the bar. There are rooms as well , but we've never stayed on the premises. We love this place!!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We returned to the Captain's Inn and found it still delightful. The view, ambiance, and the food are all first rate. We both had the seafood macaroni and cheese because we liked it so much last year. It was still excellent! Highly recommended.

1  Thank pabuckee
Reviewed 6 March 2017

My wife and I dined at Captain's inn last night. We had driven past it several years ago when it had fallen into disrepair. The current owner picked it up @ four years ago and obviously put a lot of money into it.

The restaurant / Inn still needs a little more TLC, but, overall, was nice. The food was excellent. The waitress and owner were quite upbeat and friendly. The restaurant is on the side of a mountain and the view is stunning.

Some of the beers listed on the menu were unavailable, but, overall the experience was enjoyably and we will be returning. I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

2  Thank bill567
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Dinner plans with four couples. I had never been to the Captain's Inn. Everything about the evening was perfect even though it was too dark to enjoy the view. We enjoyed the fireplace until all of our group arrived. We were seated in a corner table at the windows. Comfortable temperature even though it was a very cold night. Service was quick without being rushed. We ordered drinks, a variety of appetizers and multiple dinner selections, from the regular menu as well as the specials. Everything was perfect. Bobbi was our server, she was very attentive. She and the Captain stopped by frequently to be sure we had everything we needed as well as joining us in conversation. Everything about the evening was outstanding. We will definitely return.

2  Thank JDL12424